Phone took a dive....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks, @Sajo! Now the butterflies in the tummy begin with putting it on properly... I'm sure I'll do fine, but.....
Your post reminded me to check for the Turbo 2. Looks like they are finally back In Stock also. Thanks for the reminder.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Has anyone replaced their shatter shield on a T2 or Z Force yet? I got my replacement, but it's missing the little tool to remove the damaged shield. I don't know what else I could use and haven't heard back from my guy, Andrew, who was helping me out.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I heard that Andrew got fired for giving away free stuff.;)

Here's what I used. It came off quite easily, but the phone doesn't work anymore.

images

I'm sure they would send you the proper tool if you ask real nice.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I heard that Andrew got fired for giving away free stuff.;)

Here's what I used. It came off quite easily, but the phone doesn't work anymore.

images

I'm sure they would send you the proper tool if you ask real nice.

I do have a request in. Still awaiting a response.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone replaced their shatter shield on a T2 or Z Force yet? I got my replacement, but it's missing the little tool to remove the damaged shield. I don't know what else I could use and haven't heard back from my guy, Andrew, who was helping me out.

If they can't find a removal tool for you, I think any thin plastic scraper would work. As long as it's not metal; you don't want to scratch the actual screen under the lens. A plastic kitchen scraper might work.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Thanks, @Sajo! I was actually looking around work trying to find something when this Nougat update started, so everything came to a screeching halt for the moment - or long while, *sigh*. Someone suggested a plastic playing card. I haven't come across anything here, but maybe once I get home I'll find something in my kitchen.
Figures, I finally worked up the nerve and two things are working against me. Must not have been meant to be done right now....

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
A playing card might work well, but the edge might not be quite sharp enough. A plastic putty knife from any hardware store should do the trick to get under the edge and then maybe use the playing card to get it the rest of the way off, or just keep using the putty knife.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
A playing card might work well, but the edge might not be quite sharp enough. A plastic putty knife from any hardware store should do the trick to get under the edge and then maybe use the playing card to get it the rest of the way off, or just keep using the putty knife.
Ew, I like that, @jkaod ! I think I have both at home. Thank you!

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
You're welcome. I hope it goes well. Lining up the new screen and getting a clean install would be my only worry. I usually seem to screw up screen protectors and get one little tiny speck of dust under one spot. Use lots of tape to clean the screen VERY well and get ALL of the dust off before you put it on. I'd be sweating like a sinner in church putting that on myself.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You're welcome. I hope it goes well. Lining up the new screen and getting a clean install would be my only worry. I usually seem to screw up screen protectors and get one little tiny speck of dust under one spot. Use lots of tape to clean the screen VERY well and get ALL of the dust off before you put it on. I'd be sweating like a sinner in church putting that on myself.

I agree, I am terrible at screen protectors and usually end up with tiny dust bubbles. Since the outer lens is a wet glue-on application the bubbles should work their way out as the glue dries.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force

Oh, I've been a nervous wreck thinking about it since I dropped the thing. I have absolutely no confidence in myself for doing this LOL! I hate doing screen protectors, so this really makes me queasy. The thought of not having a second chance in lining it up makes my knees want to buckle.
I finally gathered up the nerve to do it, noticed the tool wasn't in the package, and now the Nougat thing has everything on stand-by. More time to fret, I guess.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Bubbles will work their way out, but a teeny tiny bit of dust will stay there forever. The dust just comes out of no where,the air, my hair, my breath....who knows. It drives me NUTS! I swear that next time I have to put a screen protector on I'm using this.
cleanroom_valuline_w_model_anna_061412_IMG_3453-700.jpg

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Bubbles will work their way out, but a teeny tiny bit of dust will stay there forever. The dust just comes out of no where,the air, my hair, my breath....who knows. It drives me NUTS! I swear that next time I have to put a screen protector on I'm using this.
cleanroom_valuline_w_model_anna_061412_IMG_3453-700.jpg
I've actually been trying to figure out the best place to do it. I think work. There's less fibrous material here & the air feels fairly still.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you guys remember a post by Fox a while back he suggested doing this in your bathroom after letting the shower run on hot for a few minutes. The steam will help settle all the dust in the air to the ground. It can't hurt.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
If you guys remember a post by Fox a while back he suggested doing this in your bathroom after letting the shower run on hot for a few minutes. The steam will help settle all the dust in the air to the ground. It can't hurt.

Oh, I like that idea!