Phone screen goes dark during calls

Scarlett99

Reaction score
HELP! I'll be in the beginning of a call and the stupid phone goes dark immediately, so I can't get to the keypad to push keys for prompts, or use the speaker. Any ideas???? It's making me crazy!

vedwed

Reaction score
move the phone, the proximity sensor seems to do that so you do not accidentally push buttons during a call

Mulciber

Reaction score
HELP! I'll be in the beginning of a call and the stupid phone goes dark immediately, so I can't get to the keypad to push keys for prompts, or use the speaker. Any ideas???? It's making me crazy!

I noticed the samething, taking it away from your cheek though should light it up again...actually once I noticed that it made the phone even that more awesome lol

Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing and it was an issue with the proximity sensor. You need to have Verizon replace it for you. I found that if I moved the screen off the keyboard during the call it would light the keyboard back up. I did that as a temporary fix until I got my replacement. Hope that helps.

papatar

Reaction score
I'm having the same aggravating problem. Also after completing a call the screen remains black and preventing hang up. sometimes i feel like a hammer is the only way to fix it.

spiceman6999

Reaction score
Lots of complaints for this issue ! Does any one have a good answer why this is happening to us ?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
It should turn off when at your cheek then light back up when you take it away from your face.
If it doesn't, try tilting it into the light. If it still doesn't, just press the power button (as long as you don't have "hang up with power button" on)... If none of that works... Take it back into Verizon, it's probably defective!

I'd say tilting it into the light is probably your best bet!