Keypad staying active during call

checker555

Reaction score
This is a new issue today, so I'm not sure what triggered it. The last call I had, I kept hearing dialing noises. When I took the phone from my ear to look at it, indeed the keypad was active, not dark like normal (at least for a second till it realized I'd moved it).

I've gone into every setting menu I can find, and I don't see a command to disable the keypad, so it seems like it ought to be automatic.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

lauriep

Reaction score
I think it is related to the face sensor. When I have my phone held to my left ear, I NEVER have this problem. But something I do when I hold it to my right ear causes the keyboard to come up and I either face dial or hang up on the person. Haven't figured out what I am doing yet, so I usually hold it in my left hand!

Smuuth

Reaction score
This is a new issue today, so I'm not sure what triggered it. The last call I had, I kept hearing dialing noises. When I took the phone from my ear to look at it, indeed the keypad was active, not dark like normal (at least for a second till it realized I'd moved it).

I've gone into every setting menu I can find, and I don't see a command to disable the keypad, so it seems like it ought to be automatic.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Have you installed a screen protector of any kind?

JMody

Reaction score
It could also be that the sensor is on your hair. I have heard of a couple of instances where sideburns and long hair mess with the sensor and the phone stays active. Since it is still active even the press of your face on it can make key presses.

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
Also moving the phone from one ear to the other could possibly trigger the keyboard.