Phone runs hot

Reaction score
I've been running gingerbread for a while now and am currently running liberty. 7. I feel as if my phone has been running more hot than it did on froyo. If I do anything on my phone for over five minutes I'm quickly at 105, which is pretty warm to the touch in my opinion. I've gone back to froyo a couple times and don't have this problem. Does gingerbread run hotel on anyone else's phones? Just curious.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I've been running gingerbread for a while now and am currently running liberty. 7. I feel as if my phone has been running more hot than it did on froyo. If I do anything on my phone for over five minutes I'm quickly at 105, which is pretty warm to the touch in my opinion. I've gone back to froyo a couple times and don't have this problem. Does gingerbread run hotel on anyone else's phones? Just curious.

Mine seems to run fine, no heat issues.
Are you overclocked?, that could be the problem?

Mine did it when I was overclocked. It wasn't that bad though.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

No I'm not overclocked. Sorry should have stated that before. I'm wondering if i should grab the official gingerbread. I wonder if the rooted "official" isn't playing with my phone very well.

Back