Phone Overheating Issues - Battery Won't Charge

2X98

Reaction score
My phone is overheating, and it stops charging, which then causes the battery to run out quickly and shut the phone off. I have been watching Netflix on the phone which is the cause of the overheating, but what is the point of having Netflix on your phone if you can't even watch a movie without this happening. I didn't have this big of an issue with my Droid 1. Could this be a common issue for this phone? Is there something that I can do to prevent this from happening when I'm watching a movie?

zandarillis

Reaction score
My wife has the same problem when tethering or watching netflix with it plugged it. Gets real hot and doesn't charge, did you come up with anything?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since I don't know a darn thing about the D4 I quickly went and checked out that it does indeed have a dual core processor. Seems odd.

The only thing I can think of is maybe go to your applications running in your settings and kill the ones that are running that you maybe don't need.

moccor

Reaction score
When dropbox was doing their experimental builds and offering 5GB free space for testing the auto-upload of photos and videos, I recorded 10min videos with my Droid X in 720p, overclocked. I knew it wasn't a good idea, so I laid my phone on top of my computers fan vent and recorded nothing haha. It kept my phone cool and it worked perfectly fine. It's not really a fix to your problem, but if you have a laptop cooling pad laying around, it makes a difference for something like recording long HD videos. Same with using Netflix.

Grimsin

Reaction score
I have this same issue simply using the wired tether to the computer causes it to over heat and not charge. I really hope there is a better fix then fans or this problem will kill it for me...