Phone no longer rings

aadain

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for several months and have been extremely happy with it. But recently the phone has stopped ringing when called. The screen will change to the incoming call screen with the accept or reject swipe buttons, but the phone will not make a sounds, even with the ring volume set to max. I've heard about the problem with the phone only outputting sound to the headphones, so I've called my cell with headphones in, and even then there is no sound.

I've tried changing the ringtone by going to the Settings->Sound & Display->Phone Ringtone, but it looks like the phone never remembers what I select, because if I select a ringtone, hit OK, and then immediately open the Phone Ringtone setting again, no ringtone is selected, not even the Silent option.

I have turned the phone off and removed the battery several times and uninstalled some third-party apps like LauncherPro and AudioManager thinking they might be the cause. But short of doing a Factory Reset, I'm not sure what else to do. Has anyone seen this before or know a solution? Thanks for any help you can give.

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, does it still vibrate? I've had the problem where it starts to vibrate, but doesn't play the ringtone for whatever reason. Since I switched from Helix1 to Launcher Pro, I haven't noticed the issue as much, but it still happens from time to time.

OP
A

aadain

Reaction score
Yes the phone will vibrate if I enable that feature. But the phone is still silent, with or without the vibrate feature on. I should note, I'm not hearing the ringtone start and then immediately stop. There is zero sound when there is an incoming call.

kristoff125

Reaction score
Try downloading a random soundboard or another app that lets you directly change the ringtone from the app, see if it saves it then.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a call from my wife yesterday and I felt it vibrating in my pocket. No ring. After the call I looked and indeed somehow the ring volume was turned all the way down.

I know that's different then what you are experiencing, I just don't know how it happened. I wasn't fooling around with the volume ringer or any of the alerts.

Sometimes Droid really does seem to have a mind of it's own..

foolydooly

Reaction score
Sometimes Droid really does seem to have a mind of it's own..

My Imagination:

Droid: "DON'T TALK TO ME **mutes self**"

that sounds more like kids now days then phones... then again, some say pets follow their owners....... (not directed to anyone)