New Samsung Droid Charge Randomly Rings

lakercrono

Reaction score
My new droid charge randomly plays a horribly loud generic ring, which doesn't match my set ringtone or notification. I can shut it off by putting my phone on silent mode, but the ring only plays at one volume (loud).

The only change I have made to my phone is to customize the ringtone and notification by creating a "ringtone" and "notification" folder on the SD card (they are in mp3 format). I am using the custom mp3s for my ringtone and notification.

The problem seems to usually happen when my phone is plugged into the computer (i.e. charging), but it has also happened when not plugged in. The duration of the rings are usually for a minute or so and then it will stop.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be appreciated!

Ghostdiver

Reaction score
It's pretty bad when I have to join a forum to find out how to fix problems with my new phone!!! Same situation has happened to me with my Charge. Only a week old, nothing modded. Using MP3 files for ringtones. Phone goes off randomly with a ringtone that I did not select/program, can't answer call, doesnt hangup, and no calls shown in the history. Happens plugged in to charger/wall and when disconnected. Doesnt seem to do it when notifications are set to vibrate. But going off at 2am and during a safety meeting is not cool!

OP
L

lakercrono

Reaction score
My guess is that it is related to the mp3 custom ringtones.

Ghostdiver - where did you store your custom ringtones? Did you put them on the SD card like I did? Perhaps we should be putting them directly on the phone.

kepley

Reaction score
I know you can set your phone to ring when a wireless network is identified; maybe it has something to do with that? Just my 2 cents :)

Ghostdiver

Reaction score
Solution found????

Today, I had my phone plugged in charing and after a while, it started with that ringing again!!!!!!!!!

This time, it didnt stop. It kept ringing and ringing and never quit. I finally got up and looked at it. No callers, nothing in the call log...just like before. Then I unplugged it from the charger and it quit.

I looked at the battery indicator and it was full. My wifes phone will display a message when the battery is full saying to disconnect from the charger.

Is it possible that Samsung has a notification that rings when the battery is charged?