Samsung Charge ringing for no reason???

ajava

Reaction score
Got a new Charge in June. Have been loving it until today. About 5 times now, it has started ringing for no reason....there isn't a call coming in, there is no sms message coming in, there are no alarms set. And the weirdest part - the ringtone used is not one that I can find installed on my phone ANYWHERE.

I did install a few new apps yesterday, so I'm guessing this has something to do with it. I've uninstalled those apps and rebooted the phone (about three times now). IT KEEPS DOING IT.

What on earth is causing the phone to do this? I should also mention - the screen does not come out of "sleep" mode when it starts this mystery ringing. Also, I HAVE received incoming phone calls today and they behave normally - screen wakes up, my set ringtone is used, etc.

Beem3r814

Reaction score
Hey bud. I am having the same issue. I restart my phone and it keeps ringing and ringing. Well i noticed that once you "Clear" the Voicemails from the notification bar, the sound goes away. Just a thought, it worked for me and might work for you. Hope it works out.

Zorn

Reaction score
I have the same issue. My phone starts ringing for no reason and I can't shut it off and it always does it around 3:00am. I have no alarms set and the ring tone is one that is not on my phone.