Can't change ringtone

Jack3500

Reaction score
Can't change ringtone FIXED

Hello everybody, I have a very annoying problem of not being able to change my ringtone
Phone info: Samsung Galaxy Ace, 2.3.7, Rooted, CyanogenMod 7.2.0

Several days ago my ringtone seemed to have changed on its own to one of my mp3 files. It's alphabetically the first mp3 file in my music library.

I've tried the obvious, I checked Setting > Sound, I tried changing "Phone Ringtone" using all ways possible, with no success
Note: Changing "Notification Ringtone" works normally

I've tried changing the ringtone with several different apps like Stock music, Poweramp, Android System, ES File explorer, Go SMS Pro and Tasker
I've tried calling my phone from several different numbers to make sure it wasn't a specific contact issue
I've tried choosing sound files from both internal storage and sdcard

I deleted the mp3 file that kept playing, but now there's just silence, even on max volume

Oddly enough, when I check my ringtone through Volume settings, Tasker or Go SMS Pro, it plays the correct one, but when I get an actual phone call it doesn't play what I set it to (Plays silence instead)
I rebooted the phone several times, and I've browsed through several forums and Google without any real answers

Another odd thing, this whole time whenever I get a missed call notification, the 5th alphabetical song plays until I bring down the notifications
Very weird...

Last edited:
OP
J

Jack3500

Reaction score
Problem was fixed by going to Setting>Profiles>Reset All