Phone keeps randomly booting, mostly on screen lock

JohnnyACE562

Reaction score
Ever since I rooted my Droid R2D2, it won't stop randomly rebooting. Happened three times within a 2-hour period today. Mostly happens when I lock/unlock the screen.

Stock R2D2 ROM, bootstrapped and clocked to 1200MHz but it's been happening since before I did all that.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
If it was happening before u did all that then maybe the phone has a defect, other than that it sounds like u are overclocking too high and the phone powers down because it can't resist. Try OC lower n see if it fixes the problem.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

demiles

Reaction score
I was experiencing the same issue on a completely stock D2. It was rebooting every few hours even after a reboot. This started after about a month of use. The only thing I did was install a few apps from the market. So I started deleting them one at a time. After uninstalling Lookout security it hasn't rebooted in 3 weeks and counting.

OP
JohnnyACE562

JohnnyACE562

Reaction score
Fix Permissions seems to be working fine so far. Only one reboot last night and that was about it. And I still have Lookout on my phone. I think I might have fixed the problem but I'll keep everyone posted.

docfong

Reaction score
Same random rebooting here upon unlock... Up to 5 times a day!

Any luck on a fix for this? Looks like it happens on the DX and D2 too!

OP
JohnnyACE562

JohnnyACE562

Reaction score
It's been almost a week since and no reboots. I think I'll declare Problem Solved. I guess all you gotta do is root and then select "Fix Permissions" in ROM Manager.

docfong

Reaction score
I am still getting reboots when i unlock it after I ran the set permissions with ROM Manager. :icon_ cry:

lizard

Reaction score
I would give this opinion a second look. You might get stuck in a bootloop you can't get out of one of these days.

If it was happening before u did all that then maybe the phone has a defect, other than that it sounds like u are overclocking too high and the phone powers down because it can't resist. Try OC lower n see if it fixes the problem.

docfong

Reaction score
A friend told me to turn off the Animation in SETTINGS->DISPLAY->ANIMATION->NO ANIMATION

Have not had a unlock reboot in two days...!!!!

mrmattch3w

Reaction score
Ever since i fixed permissions my phone has been more stable. I cant say the problem is.fixed but it has definetly improved. I used to lockup 7-10 times a day and now im down to one every 2 days or so.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

docfong

Reaction score
I am confident in saying that the "Fix permissions" and the music.apk file did not cause this. It was the "SETTINGS->DISPLAY->ANIMATION->NO ANIMATION" setting. Others still getting the resetting please try this to confirm this is the fix.