Lock Screen Freezing...Random Rebooting.

rachlebs

Reaction score
My Droid 3 just recently started having issues. I've only had the phone for a couple of months, so I don't see why this is happening.
Occasionally (and becoming more frequent), my phone's lock screen will freeze. The green notification light will be flashing and everything seems fine, but if I try to unlock the screen, nothing happens. I try to reboot my phone, but nothing happens then either. I always have to take out the battery to reboot. My phone has also started to randomly reboot during the day. Any idea why this is?

EyeSpy

Reaction score
Mine just started as well right after the last update... I will hear the "DROID" sound and the phone is locked up - no screen, no power, but get the same blinking light... battery pull has been the only way to restart it...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Ebfly21

Reaction score
My Droid 3 just recently started having issues. I've only had the phone for a couple of months, so I don't see why this is happening.
Occasionally (and becoming more frequent), my phone's lock screen will freeze. The green notification light will be flashing and everything seems fine, but if I try to unlock the screen, nothing happens. I try to reboot my phone, but nothing happens then either. I always have to take out the battery to reboot. My phone has also started to randomly reboot during the day. Any idea why this is?

Mine is a year old and it likes to randomly restart itself for months now. Luckily its only like once a week. But in the last 24 hrs it has rebooted itself like 5 times and has frozen randomly about 8 times (even on my way to the Verizon store!) So, they are overnighting me a replacement since I have insurance. Unfortunately, pretty sure its going to be refurbished and will probably do the reboot on its own, as that's what most Droid3 users report. Sucks that I have to set the whole phone up again! Oh and the Camera lag has sucked since like month2. I have to tell ppl to press the button then hold the phone still for like 10 seconds until it takes the photo. Besides those things, I like the phone.

tyhayden95

Reaction score
Mine too... i've had mine since september of 2011 and its getting ridiculous. And id be sooo beyond pissed if I paid money through insurance and got a refurbished phone! I tried talking to verizon and as usual they are unhelpful or try to force you to spend money. They told me its still under warranty but its like playing freaking russian roulette...in other words: you send it to the warranty company and they send you a new phone. But here's the catch, if you send it and its determined user damaged then they automatically bill you the full price and there is nothing you can do. And apparently they send you a refirbished unit if you go through insurance so regardless they screw you either way. This is why I hate verizon! Yea I dropped my phone but it was 4 months ago and it only recently started having these same problems. Its ridiculous how this phone company has managed to give me phones that like to freeze or shut themselves off. I also find it ridiculous how this many people have the same problem yet they make us pay for it to fix the issue.

Last edited:

EyeSpy

Reaction score
I did a full redo, starting fresh. Since then, my issues have gone away and the phone is running much better. Not sure if it is the updates or what, but I am back to enjoying the phone.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2