random freeze or reboots.

Uglymouse

Reaction score
I have been experiencing random freezes or reboots almost every day since I got my phone. Has anyone else observed this?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
could be a rogue app.

try downloading an app/battery monitor such as Gsam Battery Monitor and see what's being used the most.

reybie

Reaction score
I experienced my first frozen phone today after having the phone charging overnight. It wouldn't wake up so ended up having to remove the case (that was a pain) then pulling the battery. First time it's happened since the upgrade on release day.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I experienced my first frozen phone today after having the phone charging overnight. It wouldn't wake up so ended up having to remove the case (that was a pain) then pulling the battery. First time it's happened since the upgrade on release day.

My son had his S4 freeze up overnight the first nine days he had it - also overnight. He did a factory reset and it still did it with no additional apps loaded. He has a replacement coming. I'm anxious to hear what the fix is since I plan to get one myself soon. When we first got our original droids we would have lockups daily until the first patch came out.

reybie

Reaction score
Mine did it again last night, I am not sure what triggers it. Only thing I can think of is the air view locking up the phone when my pillow ends up on top of the phone. It was also plugged in to the charger the two times it's happened.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Mine has been doing it every three days or so. Freezes overnight when charging, but the notification light continues to blink. Requires a full battery pull. Glad to hear it's not just me. I only have two apps running at night - Light Manager and Battery Guru. I'm trying a few nights without Light Manager on right now to see if I can isolate the issue, then I'll try Battery Guru afterward.

reybie

Reaction score
I also have light manager in use when it freezes, notification led is blinking when it froze. I didn't think it to be the culprit. Last night I set the phone away from where I might cover it with something while I'm asleep.