Phone keeps randomly booting, mostly on screen lock

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A random reboot is possible on a Droid. Having them on a regular basis means you've got an issue.

So those of you running task killers of anti virus, please remove them.

Now if it still happens then more then likely you have a rogue app. You'll need to identify that app and you do that with a factory data reset and do not restore your apps.

Run it a couple of days. No reboots? Slowly start adding your apps back in. When the reboots start up again you should have an idea of what app it might be.

If it does reboot after the factory data reset then I'd get rid of the ROM. Stock Droids don't do that, how is a malfunctioning phone make it any better?

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
I was running fission and my phone was booting frequently, I got rid of fission and installed gummy, same thing kept happening, I sbfed back to stock and it keeps happening, it didn't happen before I installed fission, I did OC to 1350mhz while running fission and experienced an overheat of 55'C while running milestone and setcpu.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

docfong

Reaction score
Strange.....Mine still has not rebooted at the unlock screen since I turned off the animations.

Sent from my R2D2 DROID2 using DroidForums App

kelemvor

Reaction score
I was having random reboots on my Droid2 Global with the stock rom, but loading fission eliminated them for me.