phone is stuck in airplan mode and will not connect to Verizon network

justinmcox

Reaction score
i am rooted. i installed bootstrap for Droid 2. i successfully installed Liberty 1.5 but had to flash my recovery since after installation of Liblerty 1.5. the phone wouldn't connect to the Verizon network and stayed in airplane mode. i want to use Liberty 1.5 but I'm stuck and i can't figure it out. could someone help me out.

clouse2013

Reaction score
Do you have a droid 2 global? if you do and you try to flash a custom rom without the romer tool from Get-R-Done team then it will leave you in airplane mode. at least thats what happened to me when i tried to flash a custom rom for the droid 2 onto my droid 2 global.

dbst

Reaction score
Do you have a droid 2 global? if you do and you try to flash a custom rom without the romer tool from Get-R-Done team then it will leave you in airplane mode. at least thats what happened to me when i tried to flash a custom rom for the droid 2 onto my droid 2 global.

That's probably your problem, Liberty is only for the Droid 2 not the Droid 2 Global

clouse2013

Reaction score
You can run liberty on a droid 2 global tho with the romer tool. It has some problems (like the sensor issue) but when I flashed liberty without the romer I didn't get any service.

OP
J

justinmcox

Reaction score
it worked

thank you for tip. my droid 2 global is rooted and running Liberty 1.5

clouse2013

Reaction score
No problem. However with the romer using a droid 2 rom and not a droid 2 global rom, your sensors won't work. Neither will the keyboard lights or the soft keys on the front (however I think there is a fix for the soft keys):