Droid 2 Global - Problems Getting Out of Airplane Mode

devinmrn

Reaction score
Droid 2 Global - Problems Getting Out of Airplane Mode [Resolved, Rom not for global]

Hello,
I have been enjoying the Liberty ROM on my Droid X for a while now and I decided last night that I wanted the same rom on my Droid Two Global. Well I figured that I wanted to start out fresh with a clean base before installing Liberty so I used the SBF (DROID2_X6_2.2.20_SHADOW_BP_C_01.09.05P_P2_USERBLD_SECURE.sbf) and flashed my phone back to stock. After my phone rebooted I used the standard recovery provided by android to clear the data and cache partitions. After this was done I booted the phone up and activated it no problem. I rooted using the z4root program from my sdcard and after that was done I installed the Clockwork recovery and then rebooted into recovery. I then cleared the cache and data and installed the rom using the zip file and rebooted. After the reboot I had no data connection and my phone appeared to be in airplane mode. I skipped the account steup and went to the settings menu and tried to turn it off of airplane mode. When I hit the checkbox it says activating wireless connections however the wireless connection never activates. I have made a backup and when I restore the backup I have a stock rom with root and the wireless data works.

TL;DR: I installed Liberty over a clean SBF install and the wireless will not work. The wireless does work on the backup. What should I do?

P.S.: I have extracted the files from the nandroid backup and the files from the rom and I am willing to diff various files. I just want my wireless to work and my phone to come out of airplane mode.

Regards,
Devin Morin

[This issue has been resolved, the rom is not for the droid 2 global.]

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Flashing a droid 2 rom on a droid 2 global will always result in airplane mode if not a good old fashioned bootloop.

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

devinmrn

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot, I take it this rom is not available for D2G?
I suppose I was just optimistically ignoring the name differences.

Regards,
Devin Morin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No worries, you're not the first and you won't be the last. Currently the only rom available for the d2g is fission.

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

devinmrn

Reaction score
I just ran away from fission, It was an alright rom but I really like the way this one is integrated with the OS and the fact that it comes with the manager app.
Do you know if there are any plans to port this rom to the global?

Regards,
Devin Morin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything from the developers about porting it to any other phones. The problem as I see it is none of the developers have their hands on a d2g so it isn't all that easy for them to port anything. All things in time though, there were very few roms for the d2 before someone figured out the "formula" so to speak to port dx roms.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the info. I found a post with someone who has managed to make more progress in moving the rom to the global and I will keep trying on my end. If anyone wants the link to this thread they can find it here.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/116750-liberty-d2g-any-d2-roms-possible.html

Regards,
Devin Morin

I was just about to post that link for you to look at lol. Yeah so you see what I mean about the "formula", my understanding is, if someone were able to work out what specifically needed to be changed between the d2 and d2g, then it could be packaged like an update.zip and flashed to fix any rom. It would also make it relatively easy for the developers to port their roms. This all hinders on my understanding of the situation and how similar the two phones are.

tappin and a talkin

OP
D

devinmrn

Reaction score
Alright well, I have plenty of coffee and a nice sbf file incase anything goes wrong. Let me see what I can come up with.

Regards,
Devin Morin