phone is looping animation after installing rom PLEASE IM REALLY SCARED I BROKE IT

cannas91

Reaction score
Its stuck on the animation and I cant get into my phone. when i restart my phone it doesnt go back to the recovery app. it goes stait to the full throttle animation. IM REALLY SCARED I BROKE MY PHONE. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Casen

Reaction score
Calm down now, you will be fine.

First off tell us your phone and carrier, then a link to the forum post you got the ROM from.

Then:

To get into recovery

Turn off your device

Hold the vol up and vol down buttons.

Tap the power button to bring up the fastboot menu.

Use Vol down to move to recovery and Vol up to select it.

If you open stock recovery just wipe data and factory reset and the cache. Then reset

If you open the custom recovery, again wipe data and factory reset and cache then re flash the ROM. Then reset

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Do not be scared you may end up doing something out of desperation that completely bricks your device.
my advice is to follow the post above mine and keep us updated:)

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
C

cannas91

Reaction score
I have the original droid razr and its verizon. ill try what you told mee and post again.

OP
C

cannas91

Reaction score
it doesnt work

when i do what you told me to it goes to this picture of the android guy laying on his back with his chest opened and a {!} cominng out of it. what does this mean.

OP
C

cannas91

Reaction score
i have to push them again after i choose recovery??

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Yes, while the Droid is on his back just tap the two volume buttons and it will take you into recovery

OP
C

cannas91

Reaction score
I did the data reset and cache reset and still gets stuck on the animation. Is there anything else to do?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
cannas91 said:
I did the data reset and cache reset and still gets stuck on the animation. Is there anything else to do?

What custom recovery are you using? There's probably other things you can try

OP
C

cannas91

Reaction score
no. i dont remember what i used anymore. i dont know what to do anymore

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
no. i dont remember what i used anymore. i dont know what to do anymore
Here's a recommendation. Download and install on your computer Matt's Razr Utility 1.8 or 1.81 or 1.82 (I recommend you go here to get 1.82 Droid Razr Utility 1.82 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr And Droid Razr Maxx Only - DroidRzr.com). You can find that utility in this forum next door in the Hacks sub-forum (version 1.8 I believe). Extract that utility to its own folder on your computer...you must extract the file, the utility will not run from within the .zip file. After you have the utility installed on your computer make sure your phone is set to usb debugging mode (menu>system setting>developer options). Power your phone off. Then power your phone on while holding down the volume up and volume down buttons. You will boot into a black screen with white lettering (you'll recognize the screen, you've been there before). Connect your phone to your computer with the factory supplied usb cable. Make sure you have the Motorola drivers installed on your computer (there is a folder in the utility with the drivers). On your phone select AP Fastboot, then in the utility select "restore phone to stock .211...option 1 if I remember correctly. Do not unplug the usb cable until the utility finishes. When competed your phone should reboot to stock .211.