Rooted SD card going into non rooted droid

Blackdragon4551

Reaction score
Well i got a new phone because my other droid broke that was rooted but i still have the SD card with all of the roms and all that rooted stuff on my phone. I'm scared to put it into my other phone because im scared something will happen to it. Their is an earse everything on the memory card but i dont really know. I was stuck on a last rom that wouldnt even let me go past the click the droid. I'm scared if i will see that imagine agian. Can someone please help me! Will i need to buy a new SD card? I want to keep my new phone non rooted.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Just format the sdcard when you get your new phone. What on the sdcard won't cause any problems. Just boot it up and first thing you do is format the sdcard.

Sent from somewhere...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It shouldnt make a difference -- the image is nothing unless you tell your phone to access and do something with it.

You could always put the card in a PC and format it if you really want.

OP
B

Blackdragon4551

Reaction score
My other droid is broken like the screen cracked so i cant earse the SD card on their. Are you telling me to put the SD card into my phone and press format it and it will erase everything so its like having a new SD card?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
My other droid is broken like the screen cracked so i cant earse the SD card on their. Are you telling me to put the SD card into my phone and press format it and it will erase everything so its like having a new SD card?
Yes...that's how it works. If you don't have an adapter for you pc don't worry about it. Just format it in the phone and enjoy.

Sent from somewhere...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
In order to format it in the new phone you'll have to unmount it first, but both the unmount and format commands are in the same settings area. Nothing will happen by using the old card in the new phone. :)

OP
B

Blackdragon4551

Reaction score
Dude im so scared. The last Rom wouldnt let me get past touch the Android thing and it would force close on me which wasn't normal. I'm scared if the Rom would be on that SD card? Is that even possible or am i thinking outside the box?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The ROM is inactive while it sits on the SD card. It's completely harmless, inert.

It's like an application on your computer -- until you run it, it wont do anything.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You'd have to install it before it'd be on your phone. Right now it's just, as LtKen put it, inert. If you want to think of it like a bullet it's there, but you haven't put it in the chamber and pulled the trigger yet.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
put a rooted sdcard from d1 to d2 nothing happened. But when I finally rooted my d2 I was able to restore the settings from my d1 apps to my d2 through titanium backup.