Phone # including cells being post on Face Book

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
YOUR PHONE NUMBER IS NOW ON FACEBOOK! Go to the top right of your screen, click Account then Edit Friends. Go to the left side of your screen and click
Phonebook. Everyone's phone#'s are now being published. Your Droid sync. it your friends area.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OMG :shocked: it's true!!! wtf?

Edit: Ok i don't have my phone registered so i'm ok lol whew!

JoeKacz

Reaction score
Nope. Not mine. When you sign up or edit your contact information on Facebook, there's a place to put in your phone number (mobile or other). I never understood why people would do this, but I did not. I'm guessing that you guys did.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's been that way for a while and it's not just the Droid client that updates that number. I'm fairly confident that the WinMo, BB, and iPhone apps do the same update, if you have it set to, that is.

montlyfool

Reaction score
Your crazy enough to put it on there, it is on a public site, so not sure why anyone would be upset about it. If you do not want ANYTHING public, do not post it.
People want privacy, but will post their personal information and then complain about it. Then there are the people who will post about their grandfather's father ingrown toenail surgery and what illness they had for the past 3 days. :icon_eek:

OP
obxsalvo

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
No I didnt, Mine wasnt there just some of my friends were. Maybe they added their cell # to their page, I dont know just thought that the info. may help others.

liquidzoo

Reaction score
No I didnt, Mine wasnt there just some of my friends were. Maybe they added their cell # to their page, I dont know just thought that the info. may help others.

They probably put it there when they signed up, or when they edited their info.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Yep... it's been that way for years, this is nothing new.

If you go into the Info tab on your friends' FB accounts, often times, you will find their phone number listed there!

I've never understood why people would put their number on Facebook?

JCo352

Reaction score
My number is on my fb, it doesn't bother me. My page is private and only my friends can view it. If I was one of those people that accepted anyones friend request I wouldn't have it up there though.

KevinJ

Reaction score
Heck, I'm loath to put anything up online, so I know for sure I have never put my phone number on FB.

Heck, I don't even give my cell number out to some people I know, just because I don't want them calling me. :) They know my home number, and that's good enough. If you give someone your cell, it's just a license (in their mind) to call and bother you 24/7.

dolpns13

Reaction score
YOUR PHONE NUMBER IS NOW ON FACEBOOK! Go to the top right of your screen, click Account then Edit Friends. Go to the left side of your screen and click
Phonebook. Everyone's phone#'s are now being published. Your Droid sync. it your friends area.

Yeah, I noticed this also.. There are friends on my facebook who are now on my contact list in my phone, along with their profile pic.. wtf.. If you dont want people to ahave your number, dont put it on facebook

Taegost

Reaction score
Yeah, as several people have pointed out, this is nothing new. The only people on my Facebook friends list are friends and acquaintances I have IRL, so I don't mind them having my numbner.
And just i case I do, I use my Google Voice number :)

Zargon

Reaction score
My number is on my fb, it doesn't bother me. My page is private and only my friends can view it. If I was one of those people that accepted anyones friend request I wouldn't have it up there though.

Same here. All my FB friends are people I don't mind having my phone #.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

qft.

Honestly... if you have people on your FB who you dont want to call you, then why are they even on your FB? People need to get over the "More is better" theory and just accept what they have in life. Dont be mad if only 30 people you know are on your friends list, no one cares how many friends you have, its never been a contest.

:icon_eek: