Phone doesn't ring, can't attach files.

Ggawais

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei y7 prime 2019
Facing these issues for several months on Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 Android 8.1. Phone doesn't ring in incoming calls. I cannot hear the voice of the caller in incoming and outgoing calls. Calls on WhatsApp, etc works fine. The ringtones setting show empty list. When I open it for sometime the list shows up and I can select a ringtone. Then calls ring and voice comes for a few minutes or hours and then again this issue arises. Also I cannot attach files anywhere, Gmail, WhatsApp, Google, nowhere. When I select the files option it opens files for a second and then exits. Also Camera crashes while taking pictures and screen shot doesn't save except when I clear gallery data and open the app. After a few minutes again same problem starts. Please suggest solutions. These all issues seem interconnected.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Maybe reboot in safe mode first to test the phone and if that doesn't work do a full factory reset.

OP
G

Ggawais

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei y7 prime 2019
Maybe reboot in safe mode first to test the phone and if that doesn't work do a full factory reset.
Phone rings and camera works in safe mode. Not aware of file attachment problem since Gmail and WhatsApp doesn't work in safe mode. Whats nesxt that can be done?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
That tells me that it's probably a software issue not a hardware issue. If you have any questionable apps, delete them in regular mode and see if that helps. Or you could do the opposite. Full factory reset and only update the apps that are factory installed. If everything works then download the other apps you are using one at a time or in a small group and see if they cause you a problem.