Phone crashing by itself

philnolan3d

Reaction score
Over the past couple of days my RAZR Maxx has started rebooting itself, usually when I'm not even touching it. I tried uninstalling some unused apps but I think I already had plenty of space anyway I haven't really done anything new with it lately. Any idea what I can do to figure out the problem?

While I'm typing here I'll add that I've also noticed that my keyboard keeps dying, like I'll type on it but no no text appears. At first I thought it was SwiftKey but I switched back top the default keyboard and it still wouldn't work. My fix for now is to reboot the phone.

Edit: I just thought to add that I am not rooted or anything, everything's default except I am using Nova Launcher, though I've been using that for a while.

Last edited:

ken13

Reaction score
I'm having a similar crash problem. I manually rebooted my phone about an hour ago and now it is rebooting itself over and over again, every 2-3 minutes. Any ideas?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Well there is diffidently something going on in your phones. The Android OS is capable of discovering situations within the operating parameters that will prompt itself to reboot on its own, but that should happen very seldom. There is a couple of things you can try. Do a hard reboot by holding down the power button and volume down button for about 10 seconds...that is the same as doing a battery pull. If that doesn't help then I would seriously consider doing a factory reset. PITA yes, helpful...most likely. I say factory reset because that will take your phone back to stock...just like right out of the box. That process (factory reset) may clean any residue cache, junk out of the system that may be causing the phone to reboot.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Add me to the list. I have a droid4. I never,ever, ever have issues. I am in Arkansas. My phoneinitial issue began Wednesday as the Droid4 sat on my desk while I was working. I found it funny it was quiet, so I picked it up and looked at it. It locked on the droid red eye and that is how the Droid 4 #1 died. Verizon said it was a software issue. I received the new phone, Droid4 #2 and not 24 hours later I am seeing what you see, I Master Reset,but today I caught a message UI issue just before the 14 reboots and my turning it off and waiting for yet another droid4 #3 to arrive tomorrow.