Auto-Correct Crashing Phone

Raychul

Reaction score
I have the R2-D2 Droid 2, and just recently when I try to type into Twitter/email/Google/text messaging my phone crashes if the auto-correct suggestion box at the bottom disappears. This happens with the physical keyboard and touch-screen keyboard.

Any time I need to type anything I have to type the whole message out as one long word and then go through and place the spaces afterward so that the auto-correct suggestions don't go away. If it does, them my phone crashes and becomes unresponsive for about 10 seconds until it finally defaults back to the home screen. This has made my phone completely useless except for making or receiving calls...which I barely ever do. :)

Any one have this issue or have heard of it?

Thanks!! :)

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
aloha welcome to the forum. are u able to turn off auto correct? would it help at all? do u need the auto correct?

Bcfasho

Reaction score
Problem with Droid 2 global

I am having the same problems with my droid 2 global. I also know someone else who has a droid and is having the same problems as well, I have heard hard reseting it does not help. Verizon basically told me all I could do was get a replacement phone, but if this is happening with others then I don't know what to do. It all started a couple few days ago. Very annoying.

Bcfasho

Reaction score
Stole this from another thread, just did it on my phone and it fixed everything.....I found a fix, I'm pretty proud of myself for being technically challenged: Go to Menu--> Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> All --> (scroll until you find) Multitouch Keyboard --> press the button that says: Clear data, a pop up will come up that will say deleting everything blah blah blah, say OK (it will only delete this apps issues, etc.). Then do the *228 and take the battery out wait a few and restart and voila, I'm able to text again! Hope this helps someone else.