Phone call problem

JTAG

Reaction score
I just purchased the Droid/Motorola from Verizon. When making a call the screen immediately goes blank and if difficult to reactivate the screen. It may display/light up but for a split second. I have tried pressing all the buttons. Finely the display may appear--it flashes on,off,on.off. I have tried most everything. Any suggestions.

JTAG

Trip

Reaction score
I wouldn't call it normal....the diplay should only be black when its close to your ear, when you pull it away it should light back up and act normal.

Sounds like another bad sensor, I'd take it back.

jamsesh

Reaction score
Hey JTAG, a bunch of us are having this same problem. It's being discussed in a couple different threads right now.
Screen turns off during phone call and then will not wake up until hang up
phone call bug?

Try this: make a call inside and play around covering/uncovering the proximity sensor (located in upper left corner of the screen). Mine seems to work inside where it's not as well lit. Then, go outside in the bright sun and try again, that's where mine fails at coming back on. Moving the phone around changing how directly the sun shines at it seems to help once in a while, but not consistently.

The workaround that we've found is to slide out the keyboard when the screen won't turn back on. That has worked every time so far, though it is ridiculous that you should have to do that just to end a call, enter a voicemail password, 3 way call etc.

Let me know what you find or jump over to one of those other forums and continue the discussion there.

Cheers