In-Call Screen Problems!!!

charliekoopa

Reaction score
I have had my Motorola Droid for almost a year and despite all of the "typical" problems, it has been a pretty good phone. It's a little buggy at times, but nothing recurring..until recently.
The problem I'm having happens after I've already received or placed a call. While I'm talking on the phone the screen that usually has the caller ID/picture goes blank and the call completely drops with no notification whatsoever, BUT the in-call buttons still appear at the bottom of the screen, which don't work anyway when this happens. If I have the bluetooth on the button isn't green, and the mute, speaker, and end call buttons do nothing. If I press the home key, though, it goes back to the "locked" home slider screen.
WTF is going on? Or should I just get bite the bullet and get the refurbished phone from verizon?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have had my Motorola Droid for almost a year and despite all of the "typical" problems, it has been a pretty good phone. It's a little buggy at times, but nothing recurring..until recently.
The problem I'm having happens after I've already received or placed a call. While I'm talking on the phone the screen that usually has the caller ID/picture goes blank and the call completely drops with no notification whatsoever, BUT the in-call buttons still appear at the bottom of the screen, which don't work anyway when this happens. If I have the bluetooth on the button isn't green, and the mute, speaker, and end call buttons do nothing. If I press the home key, though, it goes back to the "locked" home slider screen.
WTF is going on? Or should I just get bite the bullet and get the refurbished phone from verizon?

Sounds like a warranty issue to me! Take it to a store and have a technician look at it. Is it rooted??

OP
C

charliekoopa

Reaction score
It's not rooted, although the temptation to actually get the full potential and access of my phone intrigues me.
I usually feel bad about getting someone else's potentially beat up and abused phone, but so far I haven't gotten a really bad one yet. The worst was my Moto RazR V3XX that I got 2 bad "new" phones in the first month and 4 bad refurbished phones before finally getting one that wasn't a piece of junk.
The whole "refurbished" thing intimidates me because obviously I am getting a phone that somebody else had issues with that were supposedly fixed by Motorola, but I never know.
There's also the whole thing where I would have to find all of my apps and redo all of the settings on my phone...what a pain!