Phone Call Issues - Am I alone?

acbrown24

Reaction score
Occasionally when making or receiving phone calls on my D2G, I experience microphone/speaker problems. The microphone problem is that the person on the other end of the call cannot hear me, the phone is not on mute I make sure every time. The speaker problem is that sometimes even when the call volume is all the way up, I can barely hear the other person. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I take it in to Verizon or can I fix it?

Thanks.

FatJim

Reaction score
I occasionally have the speaker issue, but not the microphone one. A simple reboot solves it. An easy way to reboot is to use the keyboard. Hood ALT, the key right above it, and delete for a quick reboot without pulling the battery.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

FatJim

Reaction score
I occasionally have the speaker issue, but not the microphone one. A simple reboot solves it. An easy way to reboot is to use the keyboard. Hood ALT, the key right above it, and delete for a quick reboot without pulling the battery.

Hold. Not hood.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The key word here is "occasionally."

I had a D2 that developed a definite buzzing noise. In other words when people spoke, or even listening to the phone ring it would make an annoying buzzing noise. Did it all the time. After 5 days of it I thought hardware issue. Called Verizon and they sent me out a replacement.

Now wouldn't you know that the day before the replacement phone arrived it stopped making that noise.

In your case I have to ask 2 questions. Are you sure you're not accidentally holding your finger over the microphone, and when you can't hear the other person have you made sure the volume level is up? I know you say it is but have you looked at your settings after the call?

The reason I say look is I've seen my phone do some real strange things with volume. Specially the media volume. I probably am doing it but not aware of what I'm doing.

minetta78

Reaction score
nevermind about the hood alt questions...just saw your correction.

ryancoleman

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem. No problems with the microphone but I can't hear the other person. Its not occasional either, its always like that. The volume is all the way up.