Phone bluetooth choppy when A2DP bluetooth connected

akates

Reaction score
So my bluetooth connects and sounds fine in both my car and earpiece as long as I don't have an A2DP source connected as well, but as soon as I connect to an A2DP source the call gets broken and crackly. It's almost as if there isn't enough bluetooth bandwidth to handle both connections at once (even if I'm not playing any music through the A2DP). Is anyone else having this problem? It's happened with 2 different phone pairings (car and earpiece) and 2 different A2DP receivers (Blackberry Gateway and Miccus BlueBridge). I'd really like to remedy this as I don't like having to disconnect the stereo bluetooth in order to have a clean call!

shamisc

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue....I thought it was just me. It does fine on my new Jawbone Jambox, but mine does that chopped and cutting out all the time on my Jawbone Icon and on my Clarion head unit in my car. In the car it almost sounds like a skipping CD. SOMEONE HELP US!

OP
A

akates

Reaction score
So are you getting this on the phone profile only? I have no issues on the A2DP sound quality, it stays fine, it's only the phone sound quality when A2DP stereo is hooked up. I don't understand how more people haven't been complaining about this? It's driving me nuts. It's definitely the phone as 2 different HFP sources and 2 different A2DP sources have been tested and all combinations give me issues on my Droid X and neither do on my wife's crappy little LG Optimus Android phone. This sucks!

shamisc

Reaction score
I had Launcher Pro installed on the X....so, I uninstalled that, and it has been playing music flawlessly on all of my BT units. Not sure if that was the problem, but it's working fine now. (Knock on wood) I tried using different media players, and they all chopped the same. Verizon tech told me they had a service ticket out on all DX's for the choppy, static crap. I hope they straighten it out soon!

breakerfall

Reaction score
I had Launcher Pro installed on the X....so, I uninstalled that, and it has been playing music flawlessly on all of my BT units. Not sure if that was the problem, but it's working fine now. (Knock on wood) I tried using different media players, and they all chopped the same. Verizon tech told me they had a service ticket out on all DX's for the choppy, static crap. I hope they straighten it out soon!
Can you update this at all? Have you found this to still be the case?
I've been running LP since my D1 and I'd hate to give it up... maybe I can come up with a Tasker event to kill it when in the car dock.
BT stereo truly sucks on my DX. Been the same on all the ROMs I've been through.
Ugh.