Bluetooth A2DP auto connect issues

Steve St.Laurent

Reaction score
I have a Ventura Mini A2DP device for my car that I use to play music through my car stereo. The problem I'm having is that with my previous device (windows mobile) I was able to power up the ventura mini and as long as bluetooth was enabled on my phone it would connect. On my thunderbolt I have to go into the bluetooth settings and connect from the phone to the device instead of the other way around. It's a real pain to have to go in there each time to connect it. Auto connect works fine with my Jawbone headset - just not with the A2DP device. I've searched all over and can't find anything on the web about this and can't find any settings on the phone that would seem to affect this. Thanks in advance.

tonydelite

Reaction score
I have an OG Droid and have the same problem. I heard a rumor that Android just flat out doesn't support autoconnect to A2DP devices, but i'm not sure if I believe it. I'll let you know if I find a solution or workaround.

Raziel36

Reaction score
I have an OG Droid and have the same problem. I heard a rumor that Android just flat out doesn't support autoconnect to A2DP devices, but i'm not sure if I believe it. I'll let you know if I find a solution or workaround.

Not true. My cheap Walmart car stereo with Bluetooth will auto connect to my phone as long as phone's Bluetooth is on. Also automatically starts playing music through PowerAMP. Same with my DroidX before the upgrade. It's just an issue with the way certain devices handle their connections, I guess, but not a limitation of Android.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums