Phone Big oversight

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
when you set up touchdown did you have to re-set your exchange settings or will it just grab them from the existing settings i am already using? ..thanks...and that motorola brick was my first cell phone...i still have it somewhere...

No it doesn't grab them (at least as far as I saw). I copied and pasted the settings from one into the other. Then I disabled push email and notifications on the default email client to avoid getting duplicates.

I deleted the stock email app as well first then loaded TD (very easy to do).

That brick is a BRICK LOL But it was GREAT at the time.

MrTommy

Reaction score
When a stranger wants to use the 'phone'

My daughter has an iPhone and had this experience. There was a semi-emergency where a call had to be made by someone else - on her phone (cuz she was busy). She tossed the phone to someone else (not an iPhone user) and they were dumbfounded. Couldn't figure out how to make the call. This would be my only complaint about how 'simple' it is to work our Droids. Can some non-Droidian grab the phone and make a call in an emergency? Maybe not.

So, make sure all emergencies happen when YOU can make the call - :biggrin:

sir

Reaction score
My daughter has an iPhone and had this experience. There was a semi-emergency where a call had to be made by someone else - on her phone (cuz she was busy). She tossed the phone to someone else (not an iPhone user) and they were dumbfounded. Couldn't figure out how to make the call. This would be my only complaint about how 'simple' it is to work our Droids. Can some non-Droidian grab the phone and make a call in an emergency? Maybe not.

So, make sure all emergencies happen when YOU can make the call - :biggrin:

I'd have to disagree here.

By default on both the iPhone and the Droid, the default home screen (after unlocking the device) both have an icon with a phone picture that has the text "Phone".

If someone doesn't understand what that means, I don't know how they would get anything.

The difference is, when you open the phone app in the Droid it defaults to the keypad (or at least it does on mine) whereas on the iPhone it defaulted to whatever screen you had open last (contacts, favorites, keypad, etc) so someone might be confused as to why they didn't get a keypad.

I will say, however, that in this case, the iPhone would be a little bit more telling as to how to unlock the device. It's not all that apparent on the Droid how to unlock it if you've never seen/used one before.

vonfink13

Reaction score
i use the pattern unlock feature and at the bottom it it say "emergency call" hit that and you get the touchscreen keypad...when you are done it goes back to needing the pattern to unlock it....

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those that are leaving rude comments on this thread, what the heck? It is a question, no need to be jerks about it. This is supposed to be a place for asking questions, not judging a person on their question.:icon_ nono:
You know, most forum users can't see past their own perspective and are unable to realize that others may have different priorities/needs/wants. It's not an excuse for rude posts but realize that it's an uphill battle on any forum site. These people think that they're just sharing their opinion as well.

For repeat offenders I recommend adding them to your ignore list. Most forum software offers such a feature.

Personally, I don't see the need for a dedicated phone button. Obviously, it's a YMMV issue so whether it's a HUGE oversight is debatable. I would think that if it was truly a make-or-break issue that the shopper would spot this when researching and/or trying out the Droid.

If someone doesn't understand what that means, I don't know how they would get anything.
I agree but also consider that some people panic and don't think straight in emergency situations. It's impossible to meet every single person's needs in every single situation with a single solution. I suppose we could use Jitterbugs instead but other's people's ability to use my phone is at the bottom of my priorities. Again, YMMV.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Its not a good phone (for me). Its a great internet device!

I am trying to set up the droid to call into my voicemail (non vzw) this is how it was setup on my 5 year old phone that could handle this simple task
i want to make a contact so I can press 1 button to dial into a voicemail on my last phone i did it like this

number: 818-555-1212

Mailbox: 818-555-3333

PW: p#0909

so it would look like this

8185551212p#818555333p#0909

and it would pause to dial the MailBox number and then password

i figured out how to set it up but the second and third dialing after the pause is so fast that its not recognized by the voicemail system. It needs to be slowed down. Not sure how to do that. argghhhhh!

EDIT

I found the problem. Someone else please try this. Call a system where you have to enter # to get to the next prompt see if it works its not for me. the # sound isnt being recognized :(

EDIT

It might just be vonage's sysytem

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
found the problem. Someone else please try this. Call a system where you have to enter # to get to the next prompt see if it works its not for me. the # sound isnt being recognized :(

EDIT

# works fine for my banking system....

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
found the problem. Someone else please try this. Call a system where you have to enter # to get to the next prompt see if it works its not for me. the # sound isnt being recognized :(

EDIT

# works fine for my banking system....

THANKS! Yes i think its just vonage for some reason when i hit # nothing nada doesnt work! I tried it from another phone and the # sign works with vonage.

so its this vonage # and the droids #'s dont jive. I might be leaving the Droid if i cannot get this to work :(

EDIT on a different topic:

I SWEAR this just showed up in my drop down notifcation TODAY it wasnt there when I statred this thread:
Now when I am on a call and do the drop down notification from the top it has an option called

"ongoing call" when i click that it gets me to the call in progress FAST it was not there previously or would bring me to the call log page.