phone always works weird in reboot or backup mode

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you copy anything form your old SD card to the new one?

SPR uses the Nandroid folder to store its backups.

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well what do i need to do exactly? flash sprecovery to my phone to use it and to have a folder? or make a folder? i dont know

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i am going to try to format the card like i have been reading on the forums but like i said i had a new card this morning so i dont think this is the issue...could it be a corrput file on it making mine to crash?

listenman20

Reaction score
MY OPINION(don't mean squat) but if you're getting errors that your card is not readable by both recoveries, it's a good chance you have either a bad card or your phone is having trouble reading your card. by that i mean something in the card port is screwy. maybe a corroded pin, trash or dust or just faulty hardware. since you've tried a new card and i assume are still getting errors then i'd say it's the phone...

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
if i get a new phone cause of this, can i take everything from my sd card and keep all my clockwork backups, will i be able to use it on the next phone or do i have to start over from stratch? also the same with everything else root etc

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i dont know if it is my phone or not...i tried moving everything to my pc and then tried to format it on the phone and it says my sd card is unmounting and never does nothing and i sat there for like 10 minutes a couple times...the format never highlights up

listenman20

Reaction score
yes...a new droid 1 can be rooted and then you'll be able to put your latest set up right back on your new phone. just be sure to make a back up if you still can just before you switch phones.

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
verizon is sending me a new phone and i really hope that was the issue..im just gonna start over like brand new when i get it and go from there unless i can figure something out before the phone gets here

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
oh i can backup still every now and then and i will do that....i might just start over like new though to make sure it isnt a file corrupted or something...unlesss that isnt possible to have a currupted file on ur sd to make it not work properly...as long as i got my dats such as apps mostly ill be ok

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i just have to make sure i know how to and unroot it...ill just flash the stock rom and data back into it...that good?