Droid 2 wont go past "M" logo!!??

superhawk1000

Reaction score
I rooted my phone a while back and tried to flash a rom to it and ever since it wont go past the M logo on the boot cycle. I backed it up with clockwork before i did it, then when i restored it, it started my problem. i can go into recovery mode and bootlogger. but the sbf files or whatever they are ive tried to flash with rsd lite dont flash. as soon as it gets past the creating image it fails. Ive tried resetting back to factory, resetting cache, using recovery to put something else on. Nothing seems to work......Im out of ideas. Ive been trying to fix this for 7 hours straight with no luck. PLEASE HELP!!!

slimpirudude

Reaction score
You have a regular droid 2 and not a global right? You said your problem started when you went from rom to a backup you had created before hand? What rom? Did you restore with clockmod?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
S

superhawk1000

Reaction score
Yes I have the regular droid 2 not global. And it was the monster gingerbread rom and when I restored with clockwork it started just staying at the M screen. I know what I did wrong. I didn't wipe the data and cache. Now I just gotta fix it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
2 reasons it will fail like that.

1) you do not have the right drivers
2) you are not using the correct sbf file (but I am guessing #1)

I will brb and post all that you need.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Some later droid 2 models require you boot into the bootloader a different way in order to reprogram. There is a small possibility your may be one of them. If so use this for step 1

Step 1: Boot into the bootloader, you do this by powering on and holding power on + volume up + volume down. You should see a black screen with text that says battery: OK