Permissions for contacts and SMS

critz

Reaction score
For some reason my SMS app wont see certain contact names and others are fine. I did not restore my contacts with MIUI backup I just let them populate from google which seems to work just fine.

In rom manager the fix permissions function hasnt worked at all in the last few releases for me. So I wanted to know if someone could help me out and tell me what the permissions should be for the sms to see all of my contacts in my address book? (if that is even the problem)

Oh and yeah, I just installed 1.5.6.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Uninstall rom manager and reinstall from market, then fix permissions. The contact and SMS problem you are having everyone else has too.I don't think its a permission problem, because it stayed around after I successfully fixed permissions.

Sent from my OG Droid, fresh MIUI

OP
C

critz

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Rom Manager works again. Anyone know of a fix for the contacts.

DROOIID

Reaction score
No real fix yet. Its a problem caused by the dashes in the phone numbers. So you can go through and take them all out, or find the person you want to text in your phone book and send SMS from there.

tw15egan

Reaction score
Confirmed, went through and removed all dashes and now all contacts appear perfect. Thanks!

DROOIID

Reaction score
Confirmed, went through and removed all dashes and now all contacts appear perfect. Thanks!

Glad it worked for you. I have too many contacts to attempt that fix, so I just reverted to 4.29 and now patiently waiting for the next release.

Last edited:

PARick

Reaction score

Glad it worked for you. I have too many contacts to attempt that fix, so I just reverted to 4.29 and now patiently waiting for the next release.

I used Contacts Cleanup free in the market. Worket perfectly to get the dashes from the numbers.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Ya I read that would work, but Google voice doesn't play nice on it either.

jlutz555

Reaction score
I used Contacts Cleanup free in the market. Worket perfectly to get the dashes from the numbers.

Do you have a market link for that, I can't seem to find it...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kamisan

Reaction score
If you see rom manager and titanium backup or other SU based apps quit working but you still have root try this. Go to /System/data then the app folder and find the LIB folder and change its permissions to 775 (check all boxes) on the folder and any files in it. Reboot check the app. Often SU (super user access needed) apps will have their core files reset to read only or limited access after an update and they quit working. Unistall and reinstall will usually fix it. If the App is custom or you can no longer get it this method gets you around that.