PE 4.2 or UD 2.5..

jessemhess

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Gimp Source to Finnish 4.0 Froyo ROM. Gimp is know for extremely fast, stable, bloat free roms. I'm hopping it will be done in the next week.

RockinRealtor

Reaction score
PE 4.2 has been the most stable for me and I've tried CM6, UD (can't remember the version, but it was Froyo) and Liquid, but I'm not sure Liquid was Froyo, may have been Gingerbread. The only problems I have with it (but the same with all of them) is maps loads and then when I start typing an address or a search it lets me type a couple of characters and then closes. Voice search seems to get around this but it's still a little annoying...

OP
ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Gimp Source to Finnish 4.0 Froyo ROM. Gimp is know for extremely fast, stable, bloat free roms. I'm hopping it will be done in the next week.

I never hear anyone talk about Gimp Source. What has been the biggest issues with it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
PE 4.2 has been the most stable for me and I've tried CM6, UD (can't remember the version, but it was Froyo) and Liquid, but I'm not sure Liquid was Froyo, may have been Gingerbread. The only problems I have with it (but the same with all of them) is maps loads and then when I start typing an address or a search it lets me type a couple of characters and then closes. Voice search seems to get around this but it's still a little annoying...

I've had the same problem with Maps too.. or it freezes..It just happened to me recently and its frustrating.. How was Liquid?

jeffcicale

Reaction score
I'm back to UD 2.5 because everything seems to work for me on it. It's faster than PE for me but had no real issues with PE so its a tough one. I've tried every single gingerbread rom and all of which had their own benefits but were unstable for the long haul. I'm really glad somebody started this thread because I'd also like to know if there are any roms built from the latest source code (FRG83G).

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Pe for me, I wish a dev would just take over pe4 for us, I just don't see why someone can't just change the mem management thresholds in gbread

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Davros is working on gimp source 4 which is the most current source (frg83g).

OP
ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
Yeah I started this one because I was curious on which rom did people like better. I kinda feed off that. honestly, i was feeling PE since the start but U.D. was the very first ROM ive ever used and I was excited.. It was like I had a brand new phone..

From what I hear, Gimpsource is indeed working on 4.0 & it's supposed to be a big one so keep an eye out for that.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Hey Trent

Actually after running pe4 and chevy's ss 5 for several months I switched over to us 2.5 and am not looking back. Even tried out sourcery and it was a little laggy on my d1. Been going between Pete's latest and rz's 800 max lv kernel. Something I found with my d1, it loves low volts. Well im now rambling bottom line. UD 2.5 It may not be quite as snappy but has tons more features involved.

Last edited:

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Fan of pe myself between these two never liked ud that much ran slow for me lots of cool stuff but just lagged when i used it way back when and then just never really went back

Claps1775

Reaction score
I am running UD 3.3.1 and it is the best rom I have had so far on my Droid1. Smooth and stable little if any FCs. I been trying to find a thread explaining how to use UD rom and all the features and custom tweaks. Also how to use a Terminel Emulater. Anyone able to lend some info on that? I am a rookie but willing to do some ground work.

coovee

Reaction score
droid concepts build 12 is a sweet froyo rom because it has the pulldown power control widget (select 6). ive tried PE and UD (long time ago..forgot about ud8) liquid 1.96 is right below DC12 as my D1 froyo favorites