PDA net

bigkhan

Reaction score
I can't seem to get PDA Net to work. I entered the proxy server info that the app says to. I get the message on my xoom that its connected, but when I try to open the web browser, I get this message.

"PdaNet Configeration Error: Network proxy is set on your device yet PdaNet is not connected. You need to either Clear Network Proxy (If you are done with PdaNet) or connect PdaNet. Please launch the PdaNet Tablet client and correct this!!"

I tried clearing the proxy info, restarting the app on both phone and tablet. and Rebooting both. what do I need to do?

82DMC12

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is, but I'm on my HP laptop with PDAnet on the Bionic typing this right now. So I know PDAnet works. You must have a setting wrong somewhere.

OP
bigkhan

bigkhan

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is, but I'm on my HP laptop with PDAnet on the Bionic typing this right now. So I know PDAnet works. You must have a setting wrong somewhere.

Yeah figured that. Looking for some idea of what is set wrong. There's another thread on here in the car now, so ill point it out later. With a linked video. The video shows you how to change a parameter so the stock Mobil hot spot app doesent check for subscription. I did it and it works.

Snoking

Reaction score
Will an unrooted Rezound work with PDA net? Tried a bit this morning and it would try to connect and then error out.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Snoking

Reaction score
So in addition to turning on debug is there something else one has to do? There is a screen about charge only/mount drive then options for VZW's tethering.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never actually used the product. I use tethering/MHS if I need to supply my laptop with net access.

Snoking

Reaction score
Poked around more with it tonight and got it to connect. Checked the other two options on the page to turn on de-bugging.

Snoking

Reaction score
Still slow and difficult to get PDANET 3.02 to connect. I downloaded HTC sync to get the drivers on my XP laptop, and it did not improve much. Seem to have to be in drive not charge to connect.

Help!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you were rooted I'd suggest removing "TetheringGuard.apk" but since that's not an option I'll say seek assistance from PDAnet.

N4UPD

Reaction score
I'm using PDANet 3.25 now and it seems to work good even on my Mac.You might have to make sure your wifi isn't connected to anything.I usually turn off wifi and just connect with PDANet thru USB cable. I haven;t tried it yet but Version 3.25 has wireless tether.

P.S. Anyone notice that when using usb tether the data doesn't drop near as much as with 4G hotspot.

Snoking

Reaction score
OK loaded 3.25 and tested some more. I have to mount drives and wait a couple minutes for the drives to show in my computer before pdanet will connect. It will not work in charge only mode. It does now connect with errors. Thanks