pda net no longer free w/in the last 3 weeks?

otter34

Reaction score
D1, rooted w/ Lithium mod. Just a few weeks ago I was using pdanet without a problem. Today I tried and it says that secure sites require me to register to use the service. I keep getting a popup. Did something change? I have version 2.42. If there is still a free version please send me the link because I can't find it.

I am connected to my hotel's wireless but do not have a wireless card so I can't use it. I tried using the tether in Lithium mod, but that doesn't work. Suggestions?

pudah

Reaction score
PDANet has had a pay feature for secure sites as long as I've known. You have to either pay or not go to those sites. There are alternatives to PDANet too.

OP
O

otter34

Reaction score
PDANet has had a pay feature for secure sites as long as I've known. You have to either pay or not go to those sites. There are alternatives to PDANet too.

I remember that too. I thought it started out free, then went to pay and then back to free? I might be wrong. All I know is that I had no problems a couple weeks back after reinstalling the software. I used it for a few days and tried firing it up today and it is no longer free. I'm rooted, but can't get the tether to work. At least I can browse this site :)

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
PDAnet has always been free for non-secure sites. It has always been paid for secure (https:) sites.

I do not recall it ever being completely free.