Can no longer dial calls hands free. Help!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Could you kindly tell me which model Blueant Bluetooth headset it is? Is it Q2, Q1, T1, Endure, V1, or some other one?

Thanks

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
FoxKat, it's an S4. It's a handsfree car unit (not a headphone).

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks. I'm researching for you now. Wish me luck.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Wow, that's VERY kind of you! May the cellphone gods be with you on this one...:)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Could you do me a favor? Please go to your app tray (the middle button on the bottom, or the one with two rows of three dots), then in the app tray find and select "Settings". Once in Settings, please select "Touchless Control". Now, check to make sure that "Touchless Control" has a check mark next to it, and if not, tap it. Then below is a section labeled "Commands while locked". Please select that section. In that section make sure all three options have check marks (or at least the one for "Calls"), and if not select by tapping as needed.

Please report back with your findings.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, FoxKat. I had previously checked all of the settings to which you refer, and they are all as you noted they should be. This truly is a mystery...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, just making sure. Still looking for a solution but it never hurts to go back to square one. Especially since the app changed from Touchless Control to Moto on March 8 and that seems to coincide with when your headset started failing.;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes. I'm looking into any fundamental changes to the app that may have "broken" the connection with your headset.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, just making sure. Still looking for a solution but it never hurts to go back to square one. Especially since the app changed from Touchless Control to Moto on March 8 and that seems to coincide with when your headset started failing.;)
Thanks for the info FoxKat. I was not aware that the app changed for all phones, I thought it only changed to Moto (all features incorporated into one app) for the newer Droids.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Well, I finally got through to Motorola technical assistance. They tried to help, but they couldn't figure it out either. So, with my sincere thanks to sajokaz and FoxKat for really giving it the old college try, I just ordered a Nexus 6P. Frankly, I've soured on Motorola, given their initial promise to upgrade the Maxx to Lollipop, then later abandoning the phone. With the Nexus, at least I'll know that the os will be upgraded as those are released. And even though I'll be leaving this forum, I'll still be at Droid Forums with the Nexus (Nexus 6P by Huawei). So I've got that going for me! Thanks again.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sorry I couldn't devote more time to obtain helpful information and a possible solution. I've been terribly distracted with personal issues. I hope the Nexus lives up to your every expectation. Maybe we'll find an answer for others.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks, FoxKat! I really appreciated your help, and I'll continue to visit this thread to see if the problem with hands free dialing is ever solved. :)