Ozmail texts

HTC1

Reaction score
I keEp getting ozmail texts even though I replied stop and have premium sms blocked

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

lykofos

Reaction score
I had the the same thing happen. Apparently it's caused if you had verizon mobile email on your previous feature phone and upgraded to a smartphone. OZMAIL is the part of the verizon mobile email system that stores your email account info / passwords and polls you email accounts for updates and then sends the new email notification alerts to your phone. The OZMAIL program has no idea you upgraded to a smartphone and still has your info stored. However, since your new smartphone doesn't have the mobile email program used on features phones, the OZMAIL notification comes as a garbled text message that doesn't make sense. The texts you're receiving are something like "//brew83764726926OZMAIL"?

Call verizon wireless tech support number from a landline, cause you'll have to reboot you phone during part of the call. The first tech you'll get probably won't have any idea what you're talking about, don't waste your time on the phone with them. Tell them it's the "OZMAIL issue when upgrading from a feature phone to a smartphone" and insist that they transfer you to Teir 2 tech support or someone who understands the issue. Repeat the problem to the Teir 2 tech support person, who should understand your issue. The Teir 2 tech support lady I spoke to, had to transfer me to a 3rd person who had access / login rights to the ozmail server to remove my info / reset my account so it's as if I never had mobile email. After that I had to reboot my phone. Started it back up. She sent me an email to test it out. My smartphone alerted me to a new gmail email through the gmail app, but I no longer got the additional annoying OZMAL garbled text message. Haven't got any OZMAL text messages since.