Good app for backing up texts?

nateohio

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to transfer over to the bionic today and I have some texts from my ex wife that I need to back up. (keep everything in writing)

I'm looking for an app that is not a sms replacement that can backup and restore either from the cloud or sd card.

You guys have any ideas?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

SgtMike

Reaction score
SMS Backup and Restore.

Transferred all my texts from my OG droid to my Bionic, just had to move a couple files.

dyno

Reaction score
Yep I used the same app, worked great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Heywood

Reaction score
SMS Backup works perfectly to back up to your gmail also

BuckyN8

Reaction score
+1 for SMS Backup. I like that I can have everything just sent to my Gmail account. I usually clean it out every week on things I dont need saved.

OP
nateohio

nateohio

Reaction score
Could you guys narrow it down by developer?

Theres a few that go by the same app name.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

crowax

Reaction score
The best one is the one by Ritesh Sahu. You can even schedule it to make backups daily, keep backups for as long as you want, append to the same backup and search backups. The only issue I had (only with the bionic) is that the restore put every previous text as sent and received at restore time. They seem ok in handcent, so I think its an issue with the stock app. If anyone else didn't have this problem, I would love to know how you avoided it.

nikecar

Reaction score
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&feature=related_apps

I DL'd this for a coworker who was swapping a DI2 for his Fascinate. This baby worked like a charm.

The only thing I'd suggest when restoring, is 1st make a txtmsg on your bionic. Then look for where it puts that backup, and drop your backup from your old phone in there. When you get back into the program to restore, you should see the file. Select it and viola!!