1st 3 days using Bionic and keep getting an odd text message- Help please!

3sweeties

Reaction score
This text came within 3 hours of my new phone being activated Fri night. The same message keeps coming and b/c the phone number seems to be international I couldn't block it on vwz account. Any ideas how to rid this spam? never had it on other phone.

says- 11-801-222-2357
OZMAIL
CI=25330072 abd432b8496b8c29ac2eea5 MC=4 to stop these messages simply reply to this one ( charge may apply)

I get this same message no 2-3 at a time....
tell me there is a way to make it go away...

and BTW after having the LG 4g revolution- the Bionic is wonderful!
TIA

tcayton49

Reaction score
Use handcent instead of the stock messaging app. With handcent you can blacklist the number so you don't get texts from them any more.

OP

3sweeties

Reaction score
new phone- very old number- had it a decade or more. Now have a spam email.... I am betting someone with my info got hacked and now my info is out. drats. I blocked the number using the 801--- leaving off the 11 through vwz website but still getting them. Looked up number on web and there are lots of complaints. I'll swing by store and see they can help. If not I'll try the mail app suggested here. I just bought this phone b/c I hated the LG revolution- hated that there was no way to set how often you wanted the phone to get emails, notifications... some factory preset that no one could tell me how to change... so bought the bionic- selling the revo.
Thanks for the info.

Taco

Reaction score
You didn't install some shady app or click on some shady banner ad? Don't reply to it they could hit you with ugly charges. Call VZW!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

69copo

Reaction score
I use Call Control (Free from the Market) and I have it set for "Contacts Only" and basically if I don't know you then my phone won't ring or allow the text to come though. I swear by it. Just my $0.02

Nyobie

Reaction score
You can also block the number in the Verizon web site if you have an account online but I don't know if it only works for phone calls or if txt is included in the blocking feature.

I'd be really irritated with an issue like this. Good luck!!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt