Bionic not allowing calls or texts. Please Help!!!

wooddale

Reaction score
I think it is US Cellular here as well. I couldn't even get on CDMA while in the extended network. Once I left Verizon's towers I was doomed. At one point in time the lock screen would say "No SIM card, please insert a SIM card".
Thats weird at my ca in in Wi Im in an extended network and I am on a network extender to boot I can send and recieve calls but I have to have a computer line for the network extender so Im on wifi its crazy but it kunda works sometimes

mkmizzou

Reaction score
Called the tech again and he said that the phone will not work in extended network and I need to go buy a new phone. He suggested an iPhone. It stinks because I just got the Bionic 2 days ago and now it wont work where I am at because it is a 4g phone and not a 3g phone. I wouldnt even care if I had data or not, its the calling and texting that bothers me.

wooddale

Reaction score
Called the tech again and he said that the phone will not work in extended network and I need to go buy a new phone. He suggested an iPhone. It stinks because I just got the Bionic 2 days ago and now it wont work where I am at because it is a 4g phone and not a 3g phone. I wouldnt even care if I had data or not, its the calling and texting that bothers me.

Here is my opinion He is full of crap I have a Bionic and it works in an extended nework. Like I said my Cabin is in the woods in Wisconsin its in an extended network and I even bought a network extendere from Verizon. The phone will work. Now here is the other thing the Bionic has serious data problems and Iam noy sure they can be fixede I have had mine for 3 months now still no fix they keep promissing so if I were you and you are in your 14 day return period I would bring it back and get a Rezound by HTC. I also have a Thunderbolt that works like a well oiled machine the Rezound should be even better. He may have told you to get another phone because he knows they are not gonna fix it. Think about it. Iphones belong on at&t lol

mkmizzou

Reaction score
Here is my opinion He is full of crap I have a Bionic and it works in an extended nework. Like I said my Cabin is in the woods in Wisconsin its in an extended network and I even bought a network extendere from Verizon. The phone will work. Now here is the other thing the Bionic has serious data problems and Iam noy sure they can be fixede I have had mine for 3 months now still no fix they keep promissing so if I were you and you are in your 14 day return period I would bring it back and get a Rezound by HTC. I also have a Thunderbolt that works like a well oiled machine the Rezound should be even better. He may have told you to get another phone because he knows they are not gonna fix it. Think about it. Iphones belong on at&t lol

Im not big on HTC phones..I like motorola ones and plus since the rezound is 4g wont i have the same problem?

this is the way I took what he was tellin me:

If I go to St Jo where there is 3g network and switch my phone to cdma only or whatever that is and then it will work here...is that right?

wooddale

Reaction score
Im not big on HTC phones..I like motorola ones and plus since the rezound is 4g wont i have the same problem?

this is the way I took what he was tellin me:

If I go to St Jo where there is 3g network and switch my phone to cdma only or whatever that is and then it will work here...is that right?
Yes it will and if you go into a 4G area all yoiu have to do is switch back to cdma lte and it will work. I do it all the time you just cant activate on extended network once it activated your good to go. Just beware I have had alot of Moto phones and yes they were good but I am just not sure about the Bionic. As long as you dont pull that sim card out in an extended area you will be fine as long as the phone works. I have herd of people having data troubles in 3G areas but I only herd. I can only tell you what I know for sure because I got one.

wooddale

Reaction score
The problem is not 4G it is the Bionic there is nothing wrong with the network. My Thunderbolt works anywhere without switching anything I just leave it in CDMA/LTE all the time

mkmizzou

Reaction score
Okay so its a programming problem with the Bionic? and the phone has been out how many months and they havent fixed it yet?

mkmizzou

Reaction score
3 months Dec 8

Wish they would have fixed it before I bought the phone...I get 4g in Olathe but when I come to St Jo I only have 3g which is okay but now I cant text or call and thats not okay. Now I have to get rid of a phone that I love and its probably the best phone I have ever had...minus the connectivity problem.

wooddale

Reaction score
Wish they would have fixed it before I bought the phone...I get 4g in Olathe but when I come to St Jo I only have 3g which is okay but now I cant text or call and thats not okay. Now I have to get rid of a phone that I love and its probably the best phone I have ever had...minus the connectivity problem.

Let me ask you something do you have a good signal where you live how many bars? 3G/4G has nothing to do with your signal strength3 G/ 4G is data has nothing to do with phone calls and texts but if your sim card wasnt activated you wouldnt have nothing. Picture your sim card like your phone number on a card thats what it is. when I switch from my Thunderbolt to the Bionic I take out the sim card and switch it

mkmizzou

Reaction score
Let me ask you something do you have a good signal where you live how many bars? 3G/4G has nothing to do with your signal strength3 G/ 4G is data has nothing to do with phone calls and texts but if your sim card wasnt activated you wouldnt have nothing. Picture your sim card like your phone number on a card thats what it is. when I switch from my Thunderbolt to the Bionic I take out the sim card and switch it

For some reason it is not letting me make phone calls or text. It isnt registering with the Extended Network...or it does but it only connects for like a minute or so and then the box pops up wanting me to allow or deny the roaming data. I allow it but then it unchecks itself. Its just so confusing

wooddale

Reaction score
For some reason it is not letting me make phone calls or text. It isnt registering with the Extended Network...or it does but it only connects for like a minute or so and then the box pops up wanting me to allow or deny the roaming data. I allow it but then it unchecks itself. Its just so confusing

I herd this story a lot on the forums if you just bought the phone 2 days ago go back to the store and get another phone and its within the 14 days so they have to give you a new phone not refurbished. Activate it at the store bring it home and try it. If you get the same crap then I would get another phone. again dont ley them pass a refurb on you get a new one its your wright to.

mkmizzou

Reaction score
I herd this story a lot on the forums if you just bought the phone 2 days ago go back to the store and get another phone and its within the 14 days so they have to give you a new phone not refurbished. Activate it at the store bring it home and try it. If you get the same crap then I would get another phone. again dont ley them pass a refurb on you get a new one its your wright to.

Problem with that is that I am 2 hours away from home. I will probably go home this weekend and see what they have to say at the store. Most likely will go back to my old Droid 1 or maybe check out the Droid 3s and if all else fails i will maybe get an iphone.

wooddale

Reaction score
Problem with that is that I am 2 hours away from home. I will probably go home this weekend and see what they have to say at the store. Most likely will go back to my old Droid 1 or maybe check out the Droid 3s and if all else fails i will maybe get an iphone.

You can go to any Verizon store. Im gonna hit the sack if you need anymore of my dumb sugestions PM me Night