Spam texts that won't stop!

vixxen9905

Reaction score
OMG! Help!

Since getting this Bionic as a replacement, I have been getting spammed day and night with text messages from OZMAIL. Says to reply to stop but nothing works.

Called VZW and they have tried to block it but still doesn't work. My acct is blocked from 3rd party texts like that too!

So tired of replacement phones.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Sounds like it may be a rogue app stealing your phone/account info and then sending you texts. Do you have any questionable apps installed?

OP
V

vixxen9905

Reaction score
Spam Texts

No started as soon as I turned on the new phone before any apps were installed. Seems to be sn international number too.

djgriffin

Reaction score
I contacted Verizon with the same issue and they were able to block international texts for me, that solved the issue outside the US, but I still get spam texts from USA. After each, I long press the number and select "blacklist" for the texting number. I use Handscent for texting.

muffins7497

Reaction score
same problem here, had the phone less then a week and keep getting phone calls, spam message.
anyway, I had Verizon change my phone number and no more problems after that.

Reaction score
Another viable option may be to add the numbers to the blocked list on your account.

And also, the National Do Not Call Registry (its also in the manual that came with the phone).

www.donotcall.gov/Mobile/default.aspx

I recently had a spam text, and I filed a complaint, as I have been on the list for a long time, and renewed it this past August. They took care of it right away. In a couple days, the company apparently called me with an automated prompting to remoge my number from the datadase. Yes, they should have consulted the do not fall list first. But I was having a great time thinking about how they bust have gotten their cajones busted.

"Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it" --Mark Twain

Last edited:

muffins7497

Reaction score
hey thanks, will try that next time it happens. no problems since the number was changed.. must've been a new number

69copo

Reaction score
I have a similar problem but it's not texts it with a notification that I keep getting saying that I've won an iPhone 4s. Don't they know know there spamming a Droider!?!?!?! I cant seem to get them to stop and it's really becoming a pain in the a$$ now. Havent downloaded any new apps so I'd love some ideas and how to make this stop. And yes I have tried the "unsubscribe" link they provide several times.

RSC450

Reaction score
I get these also. Below is one that is still in my inbox.

Thank You For Being a BestBuy Customer! Enjoy a Free Gift Card Towards Your BlackFriday Shopping. Visit www.bestbuyvoucher.com "TEXT/Reply 5 TO STOP"

I haven't bought anything from bestbuy since last yr and I never gave them my number lol.

Looked in my inbox and found another. Looks as if I won an ipad 2 lol.

You are a pending winner of an Apple Bundle including iPad 2, iPhone 4S, or MacBook Air! Register to claim your prize now at claim.applebundle.org

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

entcee

Reaction score
OZMail texts happen when you upgrade from a basic phone (where you used ozmail to get your email) to a smart phone. You should be able to reply to the txt "STOP" and it should stop the texts. This worked for my wife when she got her new smart phone. Just be sure you do not have any signature or anything else besides the word STOP (all caps, not sure if that matters).

Also, if you still have your old phone, you can follow these instriuctions for the texts to stop.
OZMAIL TEXT MESSAGE - Verizon Wireless Community

Here is more reading: How to Stop annoying ozmail zmail text messages from 11-801-222-2269 - Verizon Wireless Community