Overheat issue

Kenyon1

Reaction score
Ive been having some overheating problems the past week.

I have an extended battery and I only have screen brightness at 33%. I turn off GPS and location services. And the battery info says that screen brightness always eats up 70 to 80% of the battery. And the battery heats up to 110 in about 40 mins. I stop using it after that because I worry about the phone being damaged.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Exchange the phone. The problem will not go away through a software patch/fix. You need replacement hardware. If you want, try replacing the battery first and then the phone if the overheating issue continues.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One way to rule the battery is repeat what causes it to heat up with the original battery. If it still heats up it's most likely the phone, if not it's definitely the extended battery.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

OP
K

Kenyon1

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Im gonna switch to my normal battery and see how it does tomorrow.

OP
K

Kenyon1

Reaction score
So I switched out the battery and its definatly the rezound.

I started listening to music and I saw a red light on in the phone after I turned off the screen... I dunno if that was the problem....

Anyways I have a question on how to easily move my apps over to another rezound (because verizon is sending a new one...) or so I have to download each app by itself on the new rezound?