Battery consumption

Jessman05

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid 2 Global, all the necessary apps (quick settings, setcpu, titanium backup, the power saver widget thing where you can turn on/off the gps, adjust screen brightness, and wifi. My battery usage screen says my display takes up around 40 %. I am at 7 hours unplugged and at 70% battery. Browsed these forums and a little Craiglistin'. No calls, a few texts, and my battery is at 70%. Is this a normal situation? Should my display be this hungry for battery? Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

clouse2013

Reaction score
There's not a lot you can do to keep the display from using so much battery. The only thing would be changing the brightness level. As far as I know, and through all of my experiences, the display should be your biggest battery user. Android system and phone idle should be up there too for the amount that you reported using it.

Reaction score
I'd say you're right on target for battery life doing the things you're doing. Display is always a killer.

OP
J

Jessman05

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the replies.

I have adjusted my screen brightness to minimal, screen timeout to 15 seconds, and gotten rid of task killer.

Plans for the future are investing in an extended battery. Thanks again y'all.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Reaction score
Under normal use, the screen will generally be your highest user, no way around it. I've got the BP7X, and can't recommend it enough. I used to stress about my battery life, see how high I could get it (2+ days!).. Then I realized... Forget it. I charge it every night, anyway. The extended battery gives me a full day's use, and 20-50% left when I plug it in at night. I use my phone as an mp3 player for 8-10 hours a day, plus some calls, email, texting, and facebook/forums.

EOK1335

Reaction score
IMO 7hours with 70% remaining is good battery life.
display is always the biggest battery eater since it is a large TFT one....say if i just keep my phone standby and doing nothing I believe it can last for 3-4 days (if the signal is good enough), but keep display on and play around will only give me 6-7 hours.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Nasa

Reaction score
I was in a roaming area for several hours and bad reception area and I noticed more battery drain than normal yesterday.

Some games are battery hogs as well.

My D2G w/3500 mah, rooted, Go Launcher, TBackup, Boot Logo, Battery Left Pro, on Droid Forums.