OUYA Working with NVIDIA & Tegra 3; Considering Early Developer Access to Console

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ouya-larger-view.jpeg

The folks making the OUYA Android gaming console have updated information available on their Kickstarter page. Thanks to all the attention they received so quickly, they are currently working directly with NVIDIA on a performance maximized Tegra 3 chipset for the console. Also because of the fantastic response, (they actually had over 35,000 backers pledge money to their project and are up to almost $5 Million now), they have run out of developer rewards, so they are trying to come up with some more ideas. One idea they are mulling over is to offer devs early access to the circuit board for the console. Here's a quote from them,

And you game developers..
We know, we ran out of the developer rewards (it happened faster than expected!). We’ve assessed our ability to deliver and have refreshed both tiers of developer awards.

And we had a crazy idea—if folks are interested—we might consider a reward that would allow devs to start working from the raw circuit board at an even earlier date, allowing them to get a head start on development. And maybe we’d add one more level that gives you just the software—no early console. Tell us what you think

It's amazing what gamers will do when they come together for something exciting!

Source: KickStarter

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmm. This could be interesting... I'm no gamer, but my son sure is :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wish they would just finish already.. it's been almost a week . this should be released to public by now :biggrin:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow, some people donated some serious money to them lol
pledge $10,000 or more- 5 Backers
pledge $5,000 or more- 3 backers
pledge $1,337 or more- 192 backers
pledge $699 or more- 336 backers
pledge $225 or more 1577 backers
pledge $99 or more 32406 backers

I wouldnt think that many pledged that much lol

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
WOW! its so cool to actually see something come through...ill believe it when i see it though, having a low price point is gonna be the determining factor. nobody will buy this compared to the Xbox 720 or Wii U if its the same price. Ok, id rather have this than the Wii U lol