Outlook email pushed to Droid?

BigTex71

Reaction score
The Droid DOES indeed support OWA. I just set mine up through my company. I am the Network Administrator, so I know what I am talking about (not just saying this to be a fan boi.)
The cool thing is that it does push email, calendar, and contacts through the OWA connection - the iPhones in our company only gets push email through OWA. So that is another great thing Droid has over the iPhone.
To answer another question someone asked, the DOMAIN is a one word name (usually the company name, but check with your admins.) The EXCHANGE SERVER is the 'mail.mycompany.com' address.
I will try to answer any other questions that I can regarding the Exchange compatability.

Did you do this on the $29.99 plan or the $44.99 plan?

Also are you saying tasks and notes are NOT being synched?

tia,
Dean

The $29.99 plan. And I have not been able to find a TASKS and/or NOTES program installed on my Droid yet to check.

BigTex71

Reaction score
I had no issues setting up my works' Exchange account. We have an internal server and an web facing front end. The internal server is mail.domain.org an the external server is webmail.domain.org. When I use OWA, I use the webmail.domain.org.

Our server requires SSL.

Worked flawlessly for me. You might need to check with your IT department and make sure you're using the correct servers.

Are you forced to create a password when you join your phone to the domain? I beleive pushing any security policy from Exchange to the Droid is breaking the connection

It shouldn't be joining the phone to the domain. The domain is only required for login purposes.

smallprint

Reaction score
Let me restate what I said.

When you connect your phone with you Exchange, are you forced to create a password to logon?

Donsell

Reaction score
I had no issues setting up my works' Exchange account. We have an internal server and an web facing front end. The internal server is mail.domain.org an the external server is webmail.domain.org. When I use OWA, I use the webmail.domain.org.

Our server requires SSL.

Worked flawlessly for me. You might need to check with your IT department and make sure you're using the correct servers.

Are you forced to create a password when you join your phone to the domain? I beleive pushing any security policy from Exchange to the Droid is breaking the connection

I already had a password. I did use the email address rather than the \domain\userid.

fegriffith

Reaction score
When I enter a domain I get a user login error. It acts like it's going to work with no domain and my login ID. In my case my login ID is actually different than my e-mail address, but this is how it worked on my Blackberry. I don't understand why I can get e-mail on that but not the Droid.

xr4racer

Reaction score

When you connect your phone with you Exchange, are you forced to create a password to logon?

I'm in Systems Support, so I'm in charge of configuring mobile devices for our company. I'm having the exact same problem you are, and yes Exchange requires each mobile device have the security feature turned on. This is a required policy, even though we are using OWA. After synch, the Mailbox appears blacked out(blank), although it appears some meetings came through to the calendar, not sure how this happened, but I think the forced security policy may be the cause of the issues. Let me know if you figure this out. I think it's gonna be a big issue.

-Robert :icon_rolleyes:

Donsell

Reaction score
We have security policies set on our Exchange server as well and syncing worked for me. Is there a way to try pull rather than push just to see if that works? It seems to me that we had to have our admin turn pushing on when we first started to get smart phones.

fegriffith

Reaction score
I was able to install Mobile Exchange and I would like to know why THAT app can access my email AND my calendar AND my contacts AND my NOTES, but the onboard capability can not.

Last edited:

smallprint

Reaction score
We are having the EXACT same issue. Mailbox appears blanked out, some meetings came through.

I'm in Systems Support, so I'm in charge of configuring mobile devices for our company. I'm having the exact same problem you are, and yes Exchange requires each mobile device have the security feature turned on. This is a required policy, even though we are using OWA. After synch, the Mailbox appears blacked out(blank), although it appears some meetings came through to the calendar, not sure how this happened, but I think the forced security policy may be the cause of the issues. Let me know if you figure this out. I think it's gonna be a big issue.

-Robert :icon_rolleyes:

xr4racer

Reaction score
Yep.. Anybody got any ideas? Right now, this looks like an issue, unless you try to go with a third party client.

-Robert :mad:

smallprint

Reaction score
I spoke to Verizon for about 40 minutes and they have no idea (i really didnt expect them to).

How is there no documentation on any of this?!

This sucks.... our employee is going to return the phone if Motorola/Google dont address this issue in 30 day!

Last edited:

xr4racer

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know. Today is the first time I've even held an android phone, and it was kinda dropped in my lap, so I'm doing good to have this much figured out. I heard somebody mention that OWA worked in an third party app called TOUCHDOWN, but I have no idea if touchdown allows OWA to work when the security policy is in place.

I spoke to Verizon for about 40 minutes and they have no idea (i really didnt expect them to).

How is there no documentation on any of this?!

This sucks.... our employee is going to return the phone if Motorola/Google dont address this issue in 30 day!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was able to install Mobile Exchange and I would like to know why THAT app can access my email AND my calendar AND my contacts AND my NOTES, but the onboard capability can not.

that's a good question, but either way atleast its working for now :p. Yes my glass is half full too ;)