Droid, and Blackberry and Outlook

nitsuj

Reaction score
For my job, I have a Blackberry Curve. My personal phone is a Moto Droid. The way my job works is, I get emails and appointments are added to my Outlook calendar on my Blackberry. Or I can check them from my work laptop. It would be handy, if on the weekend, I could check my schedule for the following week on my Droid and not have to carry both phones. Is there a way to get the Outlook calendar to sync up with my Google calendar? I'm not very optimistic since I've never even been able to get the Google calendar on the Droid to sync with my Google account online. But I figured it was worth asking. I have no experience with Outlook and very little experience with Blackberry, so I figured I'd run it by you guys.

Thanks.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
For my job, I have a Blackberry Curve. My personal phone is a Moto Droid. The way my job works is, I get emails and appointments are added to my Outlook calendar on my Blackberry. Or I can check them from my work laptop. It would be handy, if on the weekend, I could check my schedule for the following week on my Droid and not have to carry both phones. Is there a way to get the Outlook calendar to sync up with my Google calendar? I'm not very optimistic since I've never even been able to get the Google calendar on the Droid to sync with my Google account online. But I figured it was worth asking. I have no experience with Outlook and very little experience with Blackberry, so I figured I'd run it by you guys.

Thanks.

Congrats. You're in luck. Of the things that google and outlook could conceivably synchronize (i.e. email, contacts, calendar, tasks), the calendar is the easiest. The only oddity you're introducing is the reference to "Outlook on my Blackberry." I'm not sure it will work the same way, but here's the process for synchronizing with Outlook on a PC.

You simply have to download an application from Google for the purpose of synchronizing your calendars. Typically, this is Outlook on your PC. Just go online to your google account. Look in your calendar there and look for help in "sync." You'll find the information you need.

OP
nitsuj

nitsuj

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Maybe I'm thick, but it's not working. I logged into my account and I clicked sync. There was a option to sync with Blackberry, but they don't mention which model the instructions are for. I'm assuming it's for a model other than what I have because I'm not seeing what they're telling me to select in the menu. I'd just like my Outlook calendar to sync to my Google calendar so I can check it from my Droid. But I'm still having no luck getting my Google calendar to sync with Droid calendar, so maybe this is all for naught.