Otterbox vs Zagg

bitter

Reaction score
I'm currently torn with this decision, but I am getting kind of fed up with the Otterbox. It's just so bulky compared the the actual phone itself, and it seems to collect a lot of dust/debris. Especially where the LED is on the bottom, and the speaker on the top of the phone, dust settles in there and you can't get it out without taking the thing apart. And then putting it back together is a pain because dust gets in there so quick and so fast. I've had Zagg before with previous phones ( OG Droid, DX1, and the Bionic), and I absolutely loved it, but I went with Otterbox this time around, and I don't like it as much. I'm just curious if anyone has made this jump before, and if you recommend doing this, or sticking with Otterbox. I know it's mainly personal preference, but I was just wondering what the consensus was here on the board.

Thank you!

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Which otterbox do you have, the defender or the commuter? If its the defender, you may want to consider the commuter, in my opinion the defender version is for people who are in work environments that could be hard on there phone like construction sites or people like my mom who drop the phone almost once a day (she dropped my OG the first timed she held it trying to slide out the keyboard). I really like the commuter, but after there 3 pin dock comes out, I think I'll be losing the case all together as I have never dropped my nexus. Never had a zagg, so I can't comment on them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Jarhezion

Reaction score
Iv never bought a case for any one of my phones, but I have experience with zagg. Honestly I think there are other companies that are putting out smoother clear skins with better glue than zagg. I had zagg for my iPhone 4s (yes an iPhone) after a month it peeled off. It took them 2 weeks to get me a replacement and then it peeled off again. So I'm not sure if its just the glass on a iPhone or the thick skin of the protector. I'm just avoiding that company. I currently have xo skins on my galaxy nexus. Its smoother and hasn't even been close to peeling off yet.

coheirnt

Reaction score
Reearth ringke slim case. Won't let you use the extended battery but I love mine. I ordered two one black the other white. They also come with screen protectors. Just some fyi. The only thing I don't like is it leaves some of the phone exposed. It only goes up about halfway on the edges of the phone. Other than that I love them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

cupid

Reaction score
+1 otter box commuter series

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Iv never bought a case for any one of my phones, but I have experience with zagg. Honestly I think there are other companies that are putting out smoother clear skins with better glue than zagg. I had zagg for my iPhone 4s (yes an iPhone) after a month it peeled off. It took them 2 weeks to get me a replacement and then it peeled off again. So I'm not sure if its just the glass on a iPhone or the thick skin of the protector. I'm just avoiding that company. I currently have xo skins on my galaxy nexus. Its smoother and hasn't even been close to peeling off yet.

How is applying that XO skin? I've never done a wet install always kinda scared to ruin the phone or ruin the protector.

DAVID2010

Reaction score
I always liked the Otterbox Defender series cases. Yes, there more bulky but I like the protection it offers. Just more piece of mind if/when I drop it. The thing I don't like is the screen protector. I don't like them and never buy them. The way most seem to take away from the display is a put off. I can tell ever time I use them the display is not as bright or vibrant as normal.
So I get all the protection of the Defender series BUT take the screen protector off. So my display does not have anything between me pushing/pressing the display. And my screen looks as sharp and bright as it always does AND I get the protection from falls. Keys scratching my display? Never happened to me and I'm not concerned about it. Its the occasional falls that get me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Otterbox-got one for the Nexus on release day,didnt like it,made phone to thick-now just rockin Cruzerlite(Andriod Green perfect)-Zagg,used them up until a wk ago,IMOP,they they away from the screen,and under certain conditions,they can make your screen hard to see,so now,just pure 4.65,AHD screen DancingNexus-I have 2 brand new Zagg packages unopened,wished I could find someone to sell them too.