Who's removed their Otterbox built-in screen protector?

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Let me start with this: I've had a Moto Droid and two Moto Razr Maxxes, never once used a screen protector on any of them, and never once had so much as a single scratch or blemish on any of their Gorilla Glass.

That being said, I got an Otterbox Defender for my S5, and I love it - except for the built-in screen protector. After 24 hours there's already dust underneath it, the air voids seem to be growing, and it collects finger smudges like nobody's business. I'm about ready to take an X-acto knife to it and get back to naked glass. Anyone here have experience doing the same?

jplemt

Reaction score
They are just stuck to the inside with a bit of tape like adhesive. I just popped mine out and usually do with every new one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Let me start with this: I've had a Moto Droid and two Moto Razr Maxxes, never once used a screen protector on any of them, and never once had so much as a single scratch or blemish on any of their Gorilla Glass.

That being said, I got an Otterbox Defender for my S5, and I love it - except for the built-in screen protector. After 24 hours there's already dust underneath it, the air voids seem to be growing, and it collects finger smudges like nobody's business. I'm about ready to take an X-acto knife to it and get back to naked glass. Anyone here have experience doing the same?

i did it on my g2, mainly because it was poorly built and bubbled up over the screen.
i didnt cut it, just put some pressure near the corner and slowly push it off. then you will have to remove the glue, or as i did, rub some tissue on it until its not sticky any more.
i do have a screen protector on the phone though, im one of those never without people. 60 dozen, never had a scratch, stories will never change my mind on that.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I got one for my Note2 I pushed the screen protector off before installing the case for the first time. They were great on devices with resistive touch screens but not worth a flip for the capacitive screens of today

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
Ghostwheel

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
The protector popped right out, leaving only a couple small spots of the sticky stuff on the case edge - easily removed. It's so much better now with the bare screen.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Glad you got it resolved.

Caesars

Reaction score
Yah I took mine out before I even left my tmobile store, now it's my class sp with the defender.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk