Otterbox Droid 3 Commuter Case Now Available

neilrl79

Reaction score
Nice, good idea! If you drop the phone on its back.. no problem of the battery falling out into the case or anything cause of that? Also nice boot animation.
No, the case is very snug on the phone. With the case on, the battery is just as secure as it would be normally. The case is awesome and well worth it. According to someone who posted on another forum you can get it from Amazon for around $25 shipped.

neilrl79

Reaction score
Oh yeah, before I forget, the screen protector Ltterbox provides with the case is the best one i've tried so far. And I've tried out quite a few.

apl3

Reaction score
Will the Otterbox fit in the car dock. Coming from the OG droid I just would like to be sure. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Would it be possible to take a side image with and without the case. I want the protection but I want to see how much bulk is added. the above images are great. I would like to see the thinkness.

This is what I did to get the extended battery to work.
IMG_20110828_071309.jpg

IMG_20110828_071235.jpg

then here are a couple pics of thee case.
IMG_20110828_072314.jpg

IMG_20110828_072323.jpg

IMG_20110828_072640.jpg

IMG_20110828_072623.jpg

Daaz

Reaction score
Just got my otterbox today! put my d3 into it in less than a few mins, i'v always been terrible at putting on the screen protectors though...

If you guys need a new car phone holder thing, may i suggest this : Amazon.com: Arkon SM410 Universal Windshield with Dashboard and Vent Mount for Smartphones and PDAs - Mount - Bulk Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

works fine with my box'd d3!

The rubber mounts/protectors are awesome!

I wouldnt worry about bulk, this thing isn't all that big...

neilrl79

Reaction score
I ended up just leaving the cover off the back with my extended battery and installing the Otterbox. I have had it on for about a week now with no issues.

The mount I ended up buying from ebay works perfectly - eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I offered the seller $15.00 shipped and he accepted it
yeah I thought about that but if you look in the camera opening it's a little exposed. I work in a very dirty enviroment so I want as much protection asi can get.

darkmatter

Reaction score
My case seems like its too small for my phone.

*edit

Just realized its probably the extended battery...

Edit

Hmm, the cover fits very snug, I'm thinking with the otterbox, I don't really need the battery cover at all, lol. Extended battery and otterbox win.

Wow, they really didn't test the case while typing on the keyboard. The plastic by the usb/hdmi ports is kinda sharp on my finger. My ring finger sits right there as I type. Hmm, guess I'll see if I can get used to it, or smooth that plastic a bit.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited: