Otterbox Commuter Case vs. Seido Innocase

Cunha

Reaction score
It sure is murder waiting for this thing to be released. Then I have to wait for it to be at amazon because I have a gift card there.

Inverse

Reaction score
I cant imagine this case fitting in a stock car dock =/ With the covered ports you will probably need to take it off to use it on any dock.

For me I am trying to decide between the otterbox which seems like a better case overall (and never have a car dock) or the seidio with the seidio D1 dock which I've heard works for the D2.

Think of the Otterbox case as a Cadillac or a Lincoln, and the Seidio case as a Buick or a Mercury. The quality difference is significant, as well as the price. But, you get what you pay for. My choice would be the Otterbox.

-Mike

Sorry, but the car comparison made me lol. All the brands you listed to me make boring, stuffy cars that are about as exciting as watching rocks race each other. Could you use a better example? XD

Seriously, I can't tell you the diff between a buick and a lincoln outside of maybe msrp. Their body styles and interiors are similar to my eyes.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Their body styles and interiors are similar to my eyes.

That was kind of the point.

A better car based example would have been Lexus v. Toyota or Acura v. Honda.

They are, in fact, the same body style, and have similar interiors, but the perks on each are better.

It was a very apt example. Something isn't a bad example just because you don't get it.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I cant imagine this case fitting in a stock car dock =/ With the covered ports you will probably need to take it off to use it on any dock.

For me I am trying to decide between the otterbox which seems like a better case overall (and never have a car dock) or the seidio with the seidio D1 dock which I've heard works for the D2.

Think of the Otterbox case as a Cadillac or a Lincoln, and the Seidio case as a Buick or a Mercury. The quality difference is significant, as well as the price. But, you get what you pay for. My choice would be the Otterbox.

-Mike

Sorry, but the car comparison made me lol. All the brands you listed to me make boring, stuffy cars that are about as exciting as watching rocks race each other. Could you use a better example? XD

Seriously, I can't tell you the diff between a buick and a lincoln outside of maybe msrp. Their body styles and interiors are similar to my eyes.

Well I'm not sure how you can make cases for android phones that are anything *other* than boring and stuffy. Their function is protection, pure and simple. The phone itself is where the excitement lies.

-Mike

Inverse

Reaction score
Their body styles and interiors are similar to my eyes.

That was kind of the point.

A better car based example would have been Lexus v. Toyota or Acura v. Honda.

They are, in fact, the same body style, and have similar interiors, but the perks on each are better.

It was a very apt example. Something isn't a bad example just because you don't get it.

Um, if I didn't get the analogy... it'd be a bad example. Lol Should I compare something to characters in a book I read or something you may not get? Sorry I don't really keep up on American cars, I apologize. Its really not as obvious to me as it to you.

That said, whatever, I'm sure both work great. As long as one of the two has less bulk, but good materials, I'm sold.

Atl_Droid2

Reaction score
Well I personally am waiting for otterbox. I had a defender series case for my Blackberry Storm and my wife had a commuter case for her storm. the only thing better than the the cases are their customer service. I actually broke the outer screen film (because I am hard on phones) of the defender case and with just one email I had a whole new case delivered in less than 72 hours. I don't mind bulk so the defender case was alright with me, even though it added significant size and weight. The commuter case was very nice and when combined with a screen film is plenty for any rational person. I'm curious as to how the design is going to work with the sliding aspect of the D2 (I guess there cant be a defender case for D2's).

In the mean time I had to protect my phone so I grabbed one of those "premium rubberized cases" from amazon for the absurd price of $0.01. I'm almost ashamed to say it, but its a very decent, dare I say "nice" cover. I wouldn't drop the phone from 3 feet onto concrete (like I could with my otterbox defender) but for $0.01 its fantastic coverage.

arrjaytea

Reaction score
Well I personally am waiting for otterbox. I had a defender series case for my Blackberry Storm and my wife had a commuter case for her storm. the only thing better than the the cases are their customer service. I actually broke the outer screen film (because I am hard on phones) of the defender case and with just one email I had a whole new case delivered in less than 72 hours. I don't mind bulk so the defender case was alright with me, even though it added significant size and weight. The commuter case was very nice and when combined with a screen film is plenty for any rational person. I'm curious as to how the design is going to work with the sliding aspect of the D2 (I guess there cant be a defender case for D2's).

Counterpoint to that story; I think they have atrocious customer service. I received two defective cases (clips were broke on arrival) for my old Blackberry Curve, and each time it took almost a month to get the issue resolved, meaning it took me almost two extra months to receive a working case.

If they didn't provide such protection, I'd probably never buy from them again. The stock "We'll have more info on the D2 case soon"/"Announcement coming next week on D2 cases" (this was three weeks ago) is really unimpressive as well.

I've honestly not dealt with such poor service before.