OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

mslal

Reaction score
I checked with the man at the North Pole - he said it's based on who's been naughty, and who's been nice. Hmmm nothing of new in Rochester NY

redwood

Reaction score
So what's up with the map? We got updates in Canada, Russia, Africa, Antarctica, etc.

I hope the posts didn't come from people's droids with the new maps update....

tghockey07

Reaction score
We should record the last digit of everyone who's gotten its phone number to see if it is indeed like the Storm and 0 gets it first then 1, then 2, etc.

Also can someone post the update.zip already?

redart

Reaction score
No os update in New Orleans Yet

:mad: No update here in NOLA yet....figures we are last in everything except crime, poverty, and corrupt government ......Hope to get it soon.

fredm74

Reaction score
No update yet but for those who got it, how is the battery life's improvment? Do you lose power when the phone is turned off? That's one of my issues with the Droid.

-Fred

Stigy

Reaction score
We should record the last digit of everyone who's gotten its phone number to see if it is indeed like the Storm and 0 gets it first then 1, then 2, etc.

Also can someone post the update.zip already?
If that's the case I would be so eff'd since mine ends in 9.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with some relatively clueless reps who didn't know this was being rolled out.

I did find out that you WILL be able to get this if you leave Wi-Fi on like I do.

masters

Reaction score
Hmmm...10,000 by the end of the day Monday, 20,000 by Wednesday, and then 200,000 a day starting Friday. If there really are close to a million Droids sold then some may next get it for another week.

I am guessing they are rolling it out slow also to make sure Verizon's network can handle it as well as the droids not having a problem with it..

It would be a HUGE PR mess if a mass of updates took out Verizon's network, when they are trying to laugh at AT&T's network for being shaky..