OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

mynameiserich

Reaction score
I was told by 3 vz employees that all Cote updates would be complete by tonight at 1159. Going to wait til one then do manual update I guess

tanev

Reaction score
As of now I also have not received any update. I am in Houston, TX
Peter

Dragoro

Reaction score
no update yet.

is it going to install while i sleep or will it wait for me to accept it and hit ok before it does anything? i don't want my phone to shut off while i'm sleeping because i use it as an alarm clock too.

You have to accept, itll be there when ya wake up.

Dragoro

Reaction score
I was told by 3 vz employees that all Cote updates would be complete by tonight at 1159. Going to wait til one then do manual update I guess

Depending on what ya mean by Cote, that might not be true. At the bare minimum, ota updates wont be done till midnight (friday night or saturday morn, depending on how you look at it).

ChiliSky

Reaction score
Wow I was feeling left out of the scene but just as I was reading this thread the update came in. Greenville, SC at 12:42AM
:icon_ banana:

mynameiserich

Reaction score
I just miss spelled on the droid haha...don't even know what I meant to be saying instead of "Cote"...but yeah i dunno they told me tonight was the latest anyone would recieve it...3 different techs told me this...they had the information in from of them. Glad someone just recieved theirs past midnight...I think I'll wait a little longer and see what happens...

DaHarder

Reaction score
Yepper... NEW Unlock Screen, and several other DROID changes/improvements.

Dragoro

Reaction score
I just miss spelled on the droid haha...don't even know what I meant to be saying instead of "Cote"...but yeah i dunno they told me tonight was the latest anyone would recieve it...3 different techs told me this...they had the information in from of them. Glad someone just recieved theirs past midnight...I think I'll wait a little longer and see what happens...

This is the first batch of 200,000 to go out, and theres almost 1 mill droids sold. No way they finish tonight.

mynameiserich

Reaction score
Did you just recieve the update??? Is it confirmed that people are still currently getting the update past midnight????

Outlaw621

Reaction score
Possible Fix for Downloads Tab Instead of Verizon Tab

Downloads Tab Instead of Verizon Tab possible Fix....
I was able to change my Downloads Tab back to the Verizon Tab by clearing the data cache by doing the following (the following instructions were originally posted in the How-To: section under Clear History/Data for Programs by Stigy)

1) Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

2) Press Menu > Filter > All

3) Click on Market and then click Clear Cache

This method maintained my list of installed/downloaded applications but returned the tabs to the correct naming and function.

Dragoro

Reaction score
On monday night, some people didnt get thier invite till an hour after midnight. None got it longer then that though so if ya dont get it real soon youll have to wait till friday night or do it manually.

mynameiserich

Reaction score
Yeah it's one now, so I'm probably going to go ahead and do it manually...it doesn't sound like their have been too many problems with this method

Dragoro

Reaction score
erhmm sorry, tomorrow night, not friday. Its nightly from now on. 200,000 a night till everyone has it.

FreddyChevy

Reaction score
Mine updated about 10 min ago and I'm in Atlanta the new unlock screen is way better imo. What all was the update supposed to fix